Title :PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE – Policy and advocacy coordinator
Campany Name: PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE
Job Title: Policy and advocacy coordinator
Location: Avenue de la Justice B.P. 2758 Kigali, Rwanda Téléphone : 252578432
Pro-Femmes / Twese Hamwe is an un umbrella of Civil Society women organisations working to promote peace, gender equality, women empowerment and development. Part of its mandate entails monitoring government commitments on promotion of gender equality. It is composed of 56 member associations.
Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is one of the implementing partners of the Public Policy Information, Monitoring and Advocacy (PPIMA). Its primary role is to ensure that the Public Policies are gender sensitive in formulation, implementation and monitoring.
Profemmes/Twese Hamwe is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a position for a Policy and Advocacy Coordinator who will actively represent Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe in PPIMA Project.
The Policy and Advocacy Coordinator will have the responsibilities of carrying out a gender analysis for key identified public policies, coordinate gender mainstreaming activities and support Pro-Femmes to follow up National Gender Policy Implementation at different levels.
Under the supervision of Pro-Femmes /Twese Hamwe National Executive Secretary, the Policy and Advocacy Coordinator will undertake the following specific tasks;
• Elaborate a clear strategy and work plan for supporting in engendering key public policies that
especially those that affect women
• Support Pro-Femmes to identify and advise on gender issues in the key policy priorities
• Support monitoring, evaluation an reporting on Gender mainstreaming and advancement
• Support Pro-Femme to build coalitions and coordinate activities related to carrying out gender advocacy as need arises.
• Represent Pro-Femmes in PPIMA Steering Committee and other Fora or meetings relevant to
Public policies and others as may be required.
• Provide monthly reports to Pro-Femmes National Executive Secretary on key public policy events and ensure that Pro-Femmes takes lead on issues related to Gender and women empowerment
• Support Pro-Femmes in institutionalizing by assisting it and its partner organizations to develop and implement gender policies.
• Support Pro-Femmes on key developments within the National Gender Policy Context
• Work closely with Gender Monitoring Office and other relevant partners in establishing
Gender-disaggregated data-base that can inform public policy decision making processes.
• To be a focal point within Pro-Femmes on gender related issues in public policy in general and in PPIMA project in particular.
• Collaborate with Norwegian People’s Aid Gender Equality Specialist to support PPIMA implementing partners in gender mainstreaming.
• Work closely with Rwanda Civil Society Platform to organize quarterly public dialogue forums in Kigali and in selected districts across the country to ensure that the dialogues have a gender perspective.
• Perform other tasks as shall be advised by the National Executive Secretary.
• Masters Degree in Gender and Development, Public Policy and Administration with a focus on gender, and or any other related fields.
• At least five years progressive experience in public Policy engagement specifically related to gender issues.
• Strong understanding of the Rwandan Public Policy context.
• Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda.
• Experience and knowledge of regional and international Policy issues relevant to civil society.
• Experience in Networking, building coalitions, under-taking research, lobbying and advocacy especially for gender related issues.
• Strong understanding of national and international Framework on gender equality and women empowerment.
• Understanding of Human rights based approach.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
• Excellent communicator orally and in writing.
• Innovative, self –driven and team player
• Interpersonal skill with experience of working in multicultural contexts.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AND APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae and notified academic documents. The application should be addressed to the Chairperson of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe and delivered to their offices by close of business day 21st November 2011. The Pro-femmes Offices are located in Nyamirambo right after RAFIKI Club.
1. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written interview.
2. Rwandan nationals and females are encouraged to apply.
3. Application on line or not enclosed envelops will not be considered