REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR POTENTIAL ACCREDITED TRAINING PROVIDERS TO TRAIN RWANDAN PUBLIC SERVANTS
TENDER N0 19/S/PSCBS/2011-2012
The Public Sector Capacity Building Secretariat (PSCBS) (here after called the client) has received funds from the Government of Rwanda (GoR) towards the cost of recruiting services of accredited training providers to provide training services to Rwandan Public servants in various fields of specialization.
2.0. BACKGROUND OF PSCBS:
The objective of achieving development targets enshrined in the national Vision 2020, EDPRS and Sector Strategies are impeded by capacity challenges across the public sector and more specifically the skills gap.
As one of the strategic responses to tackle the challenges, the Government of Rwanda established the Public Sector Capacity Building Secretariat (PSCBS) in 2009 with the following four strategic roles: (i) coordinate capacity building activities in the public sector and manage the capacity building fund; (ii) support public institutions with capacity building tools and templates; (iii) prepare an annual state of capacity building in the public sector and (iv) advocacy and resource mobilization for capacity building in the public sector.
A key mandate of PSCBS is to facilitate training of public servants, and it is for this reason that the Secretariat seeks to secure reputable training providers who are accredited by recognised authorities in their respective countries and who can provide in and outside country training through various methods to Rwandan Public servants.
3.0. OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The main objective of this ‘request for expression of interest’ is to ensure that PSCBS develops a data base of reputable training providers who have demonstrated experience and capacity to prepare a set of training packages that can be delivered to executive leadership; middle level managers and staff in public sector institutions to equip them with skills and knowledge in various domains that will enhance their job performance.
The public servants to benefit under this arrangement shall be trained based on a needs assessment and a capacity building plan developed by respective public institutions.
The training providers interested will have to express their interest to provide tailor made training in (but not limited) to the following general field areas at fundamental, intermediate and advanced levels aligned to the national development strategies:
• Investment Promotion;
• Agriculture (Crop Intensification; Post Harvesting and Food Security etc )
• Health (Child and Maternal health; Reproductive Health and Nutrition etc )
• Public Procurement Management (Negotiation and management of complex contracts etc);
• Strategic Planning and Management of government programmes and projects
• Public policy analysis, formulation and implementation
• Public Financial Management (modular courses aligned to the GoR PFM Strategy and )
• Customer Care and service delivery
• Tourism and Hotel management
• Leading and Managing Change in the public sector
• Human Resource Development and Management (oriented to the public sector Performance management )
• Office Management and administrative skills
• Logistics and Stock management of government assets;
• Documentation and management of archives;
• Conflict management and resolution
• Decentralisation and service delivery;
• Environmental management;
• Information Communication Technology (ICT) (aligned to the GoR NICI 3);
• Civil Engineering ;
• Water and Sanitation;
• Statistics for the public sector;
• Drafting of laws and policies for the public sector;
• Monitoring and Evaluation of government programmes and projects
• Communication skills
• Gender mainstreaming and development
• Any other specialised training that may be relevant to the Public sector development
4.0. CONDITIONS OF APPLYING:
The services of the training provider shall be procured in accordance with the Rwandan public procurement law.
5.0. THE PROPOSAL SHOULD INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
• A detailed profile of the organization/Individual consultant, (this should include proof of accreditation.)
• The key personnel to conduct training and their detailed CVs
• Proof of at least five similar assignments carried out
• Infrastructural capacity for firms
• Availability of quality management Systems
• Brief project plan showing how your organization builds capacity.
THE CONTRACTED SERVICE PROVIDER WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
• Sign a service contract which will detail all the reporting obligations with the beneficiary institutions
• Provide the learners with a package of all the necessary training materials
• Keep learner records of attendance and performance
• Prepare a final report that captures information on the impact and achievement.
6.0. DESIRED OUTCOMES
• Acquiring a new skill / highly skilled public service workforce
• Increased performance in the Public sector institutions
• Improved quality of performance reports
• Organizational understanding of capacity building interventions
The selected training providers shall be required to conduct their training either within Rwanda or outside Rwanda.
Expressions of interest from training providers accompanied by detailed CVs of the proposed key personnel to carry out the assignment must be addressed to the Executive Secretary of PSCBS and delivered by email attachment as single Microsoft Word or PDF file not later than 3rd May 2012 to the following address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Procurement Management Specialist