Ngali Energy is a Rwandan company specializing in the generation of renewable energy in the East African community. Headquartered in Kigali, Ngali Energy is at a unique advantage to understand the region's energy needs through their team of experts. Ngali Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ngali Holdings Ltd.
POSITION: Chief Accountant
Reports to: Managing Director
Purpose: Ensures effective financial management of sales revenue collections from services rendered such as grid sales to the Utility Companies, EWSA included. He will also coordinate finance related activities
- Keeping of proper books of accounts. This will be achieved through a well-defined filing system that allows authorized users easy access to accounting and supporting documents on a permanent basis.
- Proper recording of financial transactions including the allocation of expenditures in accordance with the respective components, disbursement categories and sources of revenues
- Manage petty cash transactions and prepare all payment forms.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and calculation of monthly depreciation.
- Arrange and assist with any statutory audit or financial review as called and statutory required by law.
- Participate in the preparation of annual Work Plans, Budgets and strategic business planning.
- Maintenance of the accounting system that will be managed through accounting software & ensure the implementation and operationalization of companies financial policies, processes, systems and procedures.
- Maintain the inventory file of all company assets and ensure their computerization into the company´s financial & accounting systemic.
- Timely preparation of Monthly Bank Reconciliation for all Bank Accounts for review by the Chief Finance Officer.
- Prepares management reports on sales revenue collections;
- Ensures effective follow up of revenue bank transfers;
- Coordinates other finance related activities;
- Prepares VAT included in sales and prepare tax returns for the tax administration ;
- Prepares the revenue projections budget for the company´s potential projects;
- Recommends training to increase the capability required to streamline his/her job;
- Ensures safe custody, proper filing and management of the records and books of accounts that were used in the collection and banking of revenues;
- Prepares management reports, interim financial statements, and annual financial statements;
- Prepares and submits regular reports to the Managing Director Ngali Energy for approval
- Makes follow up of daily company´s expenditure;
- Prepares the budget of the company;
- Prepares management reports of expenditure;
- Prepares bank reconciliation;
- Prepare written procedures and processes
- Approval and payment of the company´s requisition orders;
- Files tax returns on local purchases ;
- Ensures effectiveness of payment for different suppliers;
- Organizes annual inventory;
- Keeps cheque books and bank payment orders;
- Ensures monthly management account reports are prepared and submitted to management;
- Follow up the company´s budget implementation;
- Provides advices on accounting software to be implemented and ensures that all accounting information is captured into the accounting system;
- Ensures safe custody, proper filing and management of the records and books of accounts that were used in the expenditure and bank reconciliation;
- Must have bachelor´s degree in related qualification such as Accounting, Finances and Economics,
- Full accounting qualifications — ACCA, CPA or CA and other internationally recognized accounting qualification.
- Must have prior finance and accounts experience of at least 5 years in a recognized organization. Two of these should be at a supervisory level.
- Must have knowledge of accounting and reporting software (like QuickBooks, SAGE).
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enables sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of Ngali Energy.
Interested candidates should submit an Application letter, updated curriculum vitae, certified copies of degree/academic transcripts, copies of Professional Trainings and three referees including at least two former employers.
Please send your CVs by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them at offices in Nyarutarama after MTN Center.
The deadline for receiving applications is 16th November , 2012