NFT Consult Ltd is a Human Resource Management firm offering a variety of services with emphasis in Recruitment, staff outsourcing, training and personal development. Our Client World Vision is a Child focused, Humanitarian, Development, Relief and Advocacy Non-government Organization implementing projects/programmes in over 14 districts of Rwanda and is seeking to recruit a result driven and motivated individual for the vacancy above;
To coordinate and provide technical support to three ADPs implementing the literacy boost program. This includes in-school interventions (eg teacher training), community action (e. g out of school reading clubs), creation of reading materials in Kinyarwanda, and assessment of children’s literacy performance.
In year 1 the role will support 30 schools and the surrounding catchment areas. This will expand over years 2-3, working with key stakeholders for scaling up to district wide coverage. The nature of the role demands high level teacher training technical skills, strong community facilitation and partnership skills and a capacity to work within WV structures to integrate initiatives into the larger ADP programs.
Importantly, the implementation approach will seek to engage youth in community action components, so linkage between Literacy Boost and the youth entrepreneurship component is central to the role.
Ultimately, the success of the role will be judged on the extent to which reading outcomes for grades 1-4 children improve and the integration of LB methodologies into district, sector and village level education system and structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with education sector stakeholders (district/sector education officers; Head Teachers) to strengthen in-service teacher training and classroom observation focused on literacy instruction targeting grades 1-4 children.
- Collaborate with WV staff and other partners (especially youth) to sensitize, mobilize and develop capacity of communities to support out of school literacy interventions. Especially seek to work through local structures (eg learning support hub) and to strengthen capacity of community mentors to coordinate community literacy activities and to manage volunteers engaged in the project.
- Work with local stakeholders (especially youth) to create developmentally and locally relevant reading materials in Kinyarwanda, to manage community based book banks (libraries) and to sustain ongoing replenishment of reading materials.
- With the assistance of the Project Coordinator, document project leanings, create communication products, write reports, make recommendations for program development and facilitate project visits by external stakeholders.
- Establish/utilize M&E structures for monitoring and evaluating project progress, including mechanisms for assessing children’s literacy performance and ongoing community and school implementation of literacy boost.
- Undertake networking activities and foster partnerships with stakeholders to promote sustainable approaches for improving learning outcomes in school and community systems/structures.. Especially work closely with sector & district education officials and local community leaders (including SMCs).
- Bachelors Degree in Education or Pedagogy.
- 3 years experience in the Education sector.
- Technical Training qualifications required: strong background in pedagogy, history of education and other education components
- Ability to demonstrate the following desired knowledge, skills, technical capacity and professional competency
- Experience in instructional approaches, material development, instructional toolkit preparation, current classrooms organization.
- Experience in providing technical support to district level education personnel.
- Ability to work with quality assurance officers ,principals, teachers, and volunteers in education
- Experience in developing sound proposal and concept notes.
- Interest and ability to relate positively to children, staff and parents.
- Experience and skills in preparing instructional and training materials appropriate to the needs and interests of children, teachers, supervisors, principals and education personnel.
- Ability to implement community participation strategy in the improvement of basic education.
- Strong skills in networking with education sector stakeholders in the field as well as other network of educators or organizations.
- Knowledge on early childhood, disadvantaged children, formal and/or vocational education programming, designing, implementing and evaluating.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally with people
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Must be Rwandan.
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Application Deadline: 20 February, 2013