Next Einstein Forum
Closing date: 19 Aug 2016
We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa's future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon and Tanzania. AIMS is preparing to open its 6th Centre in Kigali, Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, governance and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Operations & Project Manager, Next Einstein Forum
The Next Einstein Forum (NEF) is in search of the right Operations & Project Manager to help facilitate and support the launch of this initiative. Inspired by an ambitious mission, you will contribute to leading day-to-day operations and provide sound project management to ensure goals and objectives are successfully realized.
As a senior administrative professional, you are clearly attuned to the bigger picture and can sensibly create and distinctly manage operational and project plans to meet and/or surpass budgetary expectations and timeline sensitivities. You are accustomed to and enjoy juggling a diverse portfolio, inclusive of financial management, project management, proposal generation and associated administration. In this start-up role and liaising with key Secretariat colleagues, you will identify and establish the necessary protocols and practices to enable the smooth delivery of NEF initiatives, to enable requisite reporting while acting as a key source of operational guidance and counsel to the NEF team.
This is a full time, opportunity based at the AIMS Secretariat office in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
· You have achieved a post-secondary degree/diploma in any discipline along with a minimum 5 years relevant business experience
· You are self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple and large-scale, time-sensitive projects
· You are a confident presenter, at ease to exercise tact and diplomacy
· You bring professional written and verbal communication skills, in English and working knowledge of French
· You are flexible to adapt to a dynamic, evolving environment alongside a growing team of uniquely diverse professionals
· You are familiar with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in Africa
· You are self-sufficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and savvy with web-based applications (Dropbox, Google, Skype)
· You are able and willing to travel within and out of Africa, for periodic extended in-country stays of up to 8 weeks
Are you ready to be a part of the transformation?
Submit your letter of motivation, including salary expectations and a detailed CV, together with the names of at least three references to: email@example.com (Please quote “Operations & Project Manager NEF” in the subject line). Applications will be accepted until the right candidate is found.
Should no feedback be received from AIMS-NEI within four weeks of your submission, kindly accept that your application will not be further pursued. AIMS-NEI reserves the right not to make an appointment at its sole discretion.
AIMS-NEI is an equal opportunity employer.