University of Leicester is now accepting applications for Al-Yafei international scholarship in 2017-2018 academic year. These scholarships are open to international (non-EU) applicants who already have an offer (conditional or unconditional) to study for a undergraduate degree at the University.
The University of Leicester offers a range of scholarships to attract the brightest and the best students to Leicester regardless of background. The university do not want fears about finance to stop prospective students from considering further study.
University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-cl
ass research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The scholarship will not be awarded in any year where an industrial placement or study abroad/exchange programme is undertaken. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education. Every degree page on website specifies a minimum IELTS score.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to undertake undergraduate degree programme at University of Leicester.
Study Subject: Scholarships are offered over different departments across the University, all offering a diverse range of courses.
Scholarship Award: This scholarship is awarded in the form of a £5,000 reduction in your tuition fee for each year of full-time undergraduate degree-level study at the University, up to a maximum of three years.
Number of Awards: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The eligibility criteria is:
- Applicants must be classified as an international student (non-EU) for fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded in any year where an industrial placement or study abroad/exchange programme is undertaken.
- The scholarship will be discontinued if you suspend your studies or if the normal progress of your studies is interrupted for any reason.
- In accordance with scholarship guidelines, students are allowed to hold only one University of Leicester scholarship, awarded either centrally or by a department. If you are awarded more than one scholarship, you will therefore receive only the higher value award.
- The scholarship is valid for entry only in September 2017.
- The scholarship is awarded in the form of a reduction in tuition fees.
- If applicants currently have a conditional offer of a place at the University,they are still required to fulfil any conditions stated on their offer letter.
- If applicants enrol on an MBChB degree in Medicine, they will not be eligible for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The scholarship will not be awarded in any year where an industrial placement or study abroad/exchange programme is undertaken.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education. Every degree page on website specifies a minimum IELTS score.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is electronically.
Ensure that you have included all of the following documents along with completed application form:
- Copies of certificates and transcripts/grades from all academic qualifications obtained since age 16. These should be in English.
- A personal statement (typed if possible) of no more than 500 words, detailing academic performance and reasons for applying to the University of Leicester and the Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship.
- A reference from school or a suitably-qualified person which provides an informed and academic assessment of suitability for the Al-Yafei International Undergraduate Scholarship.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 5, 2017.