COFORWA (CompagnonsFontainiers du Rwanda) is a National Non-Governmental Organization based in Muhanga which intervenes in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Education since 1972. The Organization has a long-dating experience in provision of safe drinking water, rain water harvesting, promoting improved sanitation and good hygiene practices both in communities and in public places such as schools, markets, refugee camps, etc.
In its capacity building context, COFORWA seeks to recruit a competent person for the aforementioned position. The job description and desired qualifications for this position are indicated below.
The Project Engineer will:
- Work as the head of technical service, coordinate and supervise the construction works;
- Preparethe Bill of Quantities for any construction to undertake;
- Prepare the list of needed construction materials with necessary specifications for procurement ;
- Prepare technical description / studies for any construction to undertake ;
- Identify bid opportunities and prepare necessary documents to submit ;
- Participate in the procurement process when needed ;
- Ensure the quality of the constructions works and avoid delays ;
- Keep records of all technical works related documents ;
- Prepare and present the execution plan for the construction works to undertake
- Produce progress reports and success stories about the technical works done by the Organization ;
- Work closely with the Project Managers to ensure that technical works are done withindue time ;
- Work closely with the Finance Officer to monitor the budget execution.
The minimum qualification acceptable is Bachelor’s Degree inWater Engineering or other related field.
A proven experience of at least three working years.Experience of working in WASH sector is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in both English and French;
- To be familiar with Non-Governmental Organizations working conditions;
- Strong ability in computer manipulation (ArchiCad and AutoCad,GIS and OTHOPHOTO strongly required);
- To have a driving license with Category Aat least.
The application must include the following:
- Motivation letter describing his/her interest for this position based on his/her experience and education background
- Updated curriculum vitae detailing his/her experience in the domain, education, etc.
- Letters of recommendation from 3 professional references with valid contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their completed application only in hard copies at COFORWA coordination Office located at Murambi, Shyogwe Sector, Muhanga District (opposite RMI).
Applications sent after the deadline (27 April 2017 at 5:00 PM) will not be accepted.
Done at Muhanga, April 15, 2017.
NDAHIMANA Jean Damascene