FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:Business Support Advisor
Description:FHI 360 seeks Business Support Advisorfor a USAID/Rwanda Activity that seeks to increase off-farm employment opportunities through enhanced access to finance, increased private investment, expanded reach of entrepreneurship support organizations, increased capacity of firms to attract and use finance, and deepened finance sector capacity to assess risk and increase return. The Business Support Advisor will work with public and private sector stakeholders on capacity building and product and service development for growing enterprises.
- Provide technical guidance tobusiness support organizations servicing enterprises and work with stakeholders to identify gaps and devise solutions for enterprises, particularly those preparing themselves for growth through financing/investment;
- Develop and deliver training to BDS providers on financial management, business practices and skills; business plan development; and more, to strengthen and/or expand BDS providers’ portfolios of products and services;
- Collaborate with the Access to Finance and Investment Specialist on access to finance and capacity building product and service development to ensure products are designed to enhance enterprises’ ability to prepare for, access, and manage credit, investment or other obligations, and to address internal organizational management needs;
- Link enterprises to business support providersthat provide the types of products and services they need/seek;
- Contribute inputs to annual work plans and all relevant communications and required client reporting mechanisms in close collaboration with field-based program staff; and
- Provide overall technical guidance, monitoring and oversight of directed technical assistance and capacity building activities.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in international development or private sector/value chain development, enterprise development or business support experience
- Knowledge of small, medium and large enterprises operating in off-farm activities in Rwanda, theagricultural sector, and the business and investment climate in Rwanda
- Experience in training, capacity building, product/service development and outreach
- USAID experience preferred
- University degree in finance, economics, business, international relations or related
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. To apply please send your resume/CV, cover letter, and the job you are interested in stated in the subject line of your email to RwandaOFO@fhi360.org no later than 5th May 2017.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Kigali, April 21, 2017
Deputy Project Director, Rwanda MCOP Project
FHI 360 Rwanda