Ruhengeri Institute of Higher Education (INES-Ruhengeri) believes that quality assurance in teaching and learning is a shared responsibility. Responsibilities for ensuring quality in teaching and learning in the institution reside in structural and organizational entities as well as individual
staff and students. The Institution has broad oversight of standards, policy and processes surrounding its academic endeavour. Collectively, teaching staff and academic managers are responsible for ensuring that the design, development, management, teaching and assessment of courses and subjects facilitate effective learning, while students have responsibility to engage in the learning process.
The institution is calling for applications to the following current vacant position:
Director of Quality Assurance and Academic Registrar (Re-advertised)
Job Title: Director of Quality Assurance and Academic Registrar
Department: Vice-Rector of Academics
Reporting to: Vice-Rector of Academics
Role: The Director of Quality Assurance and Academic Registrar will be a key member of the Institution’s Academic Affairs Team. You will be responsible for assisting the Vice-Rector of
Academics in the oversight of academic quality within INES-Ruhengeri.
PRINCIPAL JOB ELEMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Advice and Liaison
1. To provide advice and assistance to the academic community on the Institution’s academic infrastructure;
2. To provide advice and assistance to the academic community on the requirements of and process for programme design and approval;
3. To liaise with and advise relevant officers within the Faculties to ensure that they are clear about their responsibilities and the provision of information and reports;
Operational Management and Action
1. Work closely with the Vice-Rector Academics, Director of Research and Consultancy,
Deans of Faculty, Heads of Departments and others as appropriate, to provide leadership and strategic direction on quality assurance and enhancement across the Institution and with its collaborative provision ensuring compliance with external codes and benchmarks particularly HEC quality assurance requirements;
2. To contribute to, and fully participate in the process of ensuring the Institution maintains its degree awarding powers;
3.To assist in the collation, analysis and dissemination of academic management information in particular and the generation and reporting of student progression and achievement data, and meeting HE requirements;
4. To assist in the various processes surrounding programme and module approval, modification and re-approval and to write reports;
5. To assist in maintaining the official repository of the documentation from programme validation;
6. To be responsible for the supervision and management of all administrative and operational functions of the office of the Registrar;
7. To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected.
Person Specification Education & Experience
The candidate should possess:
1.A PhD degree in Education;
2.Previous experience within a similar role or environment;
3.Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access;
4.Work for Higher Education Qualifications and Codes of Practice;
5.Familiarity with a student information system would be an advantage.
The candidate should be:
1.Highly organized, fast and efficient, ability to multi-task and organize others;
2.Excellent attention to detail and deadlines;
3.Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent senior management;
4.Ability to filter information and assess priorities;
5.Proven analytical skills; the ability to assimilate detailed information and identify key issues;
6.Ability to prioritize and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods;
7.Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
The candidate must have the:
1.Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
2.Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances;
3.Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters, and be able
to deliver difficult messages with diplomacy and tact.
And the candidate must be:
·Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision
How to apply
Detailed curriculum vitae, certified copy of degree, a copy of national identity card or passport,
Certificates and any other useful documents with an application letter addressed to the Rector of INES-Ruhengeri should be submitted electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org or physically via the general secretariat of INES-Ruhengeri not later than 2nd May 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Musanze on 18th April 2017
Fr Dr Fabien HAGENIMANA