The National Commission of Science and Technology is an Agency under the supervision of the office of the President of the Republic. It was established by the Law No 80/2013 of 11/09/2013 determining its mission, organization and functioning and amended in 2016 into the new law No 20/2016 of 20/05/2016.
In the framework of strengthening its Human Resource Capacity to fulfill its mandate, the National Commission of Science and Technology would like to recruit highly qualified and motivated candidates to fill the following open positions:
Responsibilities / Attributions
Director of Finance and Administration Unit (1):
· Coordinate the development, execution and monitoring of NCST budgets (ordinary and development);
· Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process;
· Coordinate staff planning and Capacity development;
· Coordinate performance management of NCST staff;
· Coordinate Staff remuneration and compensations;
· Ensure proper Labor relations;
· Supervise and coordinate the management of office material and assets;
· Coordinate and monitor activities of the unit;
· Coordinate and supervise documentations and archives activities;
· Coordinate management of NCST software systems, and maintenance;
· Contribute to resource mobilization to implement Plan / Strategies;
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director General.
Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA); or A0 Public Finance, Finance, Accounting or Management with specialization in Finance / Accounting with 3 years of working experience.
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
· Knowledge of Rwanda’s finance management standards and procedures;
· Knowledge of Accounting principles and Practice and Financial data reporting;
· Knowledge of Rwanda Public Financial Law;
· Leadership and ,management skills;
· Planning and organizational, Budgeting Skills;
· Communication skills; Strong IT Skills, particularly in Financial software (SMART IFMIS);
· Time management Skills Interviewing Skills;
· Judgment & Decision making Skills;
· Complex Problem solving;
· Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist (1):
· Establish an efficient and robust monitoring and evaluation system of national Science, Technology, Research and Innovation programs and assess their impact on the achievement of National Development goals and targets;
· Work in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders, analyze how the implementation of national Science, Technology, Research, and Innovation Programs are achieved based on clearly defined indicators;
· Monitor the performance of Rwanda in streamlining national Science, Technology, Research and Innovation into national development agenda using international Science, Technology, Research and Innovation indices such as IDI, GERD etc.
· Conduct, on a regular basis, an assessment of the status of the implementation of the national Science, Technology, Research and Innovation policy objectives;
· Set up and utilized an achievements matrix for annual reporting on the state of Science and Technology;
· Perform other duties assigned by the NCST’s Director General;
Master’s Degree in Applied Sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering, Pharmacy, Environmental Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oils and Gas Technologies, Biotechnology, Biology, Industrial Progress Economics, Geo-Economics, Environmental Economics, Agro-processing, Computing and Information Theory, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Biostatistics, Operational Research with 1 year of working experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree in similar fields with 4 years of working experience.
Key technical skills and knowledge required:
· Knowledge of Science, Technology, Innovation and Research M&E Framework and Processes;
· Knowledge of Main indicator’s System in Science, Technology and Innovation, Including the OECDE and UNESCO Indicators;
· Knowledge of Standard qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods;
· Strong analytical and leadership skills;
· Sound communication skills;
· Proficiency in both written and spoken English is required.
Community outreach Specialist (1):
· Design and implement needs-based and integrated community outreach program s with field activities for the promotion and dissemination of Science, Technology, Research and Innovation (STRI) products in the Society;
· Conduct a regular mapping of STRI-related activities in priority sectors and assess technology adoption by the community;
· Work with relevant stakeholders to promote STRI awareness among the youth, with special attention to women inclusion and Rwanda culture;
· Develop an efficient media communication strategy for STRI public awareness;
· Perform other duties assigned by the NCST’s Director General
Master’s Degree in Applied Sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biomedical Engineering, Pharmacy, Environmental Sciences, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oils and a Gas Technologies, Biotechnology, Biology, Industrial Process Engineering, Industrial Economics, Geo-Economics, Environment Economics, Agro-Processing, Computing and Information Theory, Applied Mathematics, Operational Research with 1 year of working experience; or a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant fields with 4 year of working experience.
Key technical Skills and knowledge required:
· Knowledge in Science, Technology, innovation for community empowerment;
· Knowledge in business processes for Science, Technology and Innovation knowledge transfer;
· Knowledge in standard qualitative and quantitative evaluation and impact assessment methods;
· Strong analytical and leadership Skills;
· Sound communication Skills;
· Proficiency in both written and Spoken English is required.
Procurement Officer (1):
· Coordinate and support the setting up and utilization of an annual procurement plan;
· Process valid procurement requests and prepare all procurement activities, including advertising, prequalification of consultants, preparation of long/short lists, issuance of RFP, conducting pre-bid meeting, bid receipts, and opening, signing of contracts in line with relevant laws and procedures;
· Establish procurement performance indicators and milestones to be used in monitoring and assessing progress in the quality of procurement;
· Documents all procurement records and documents in the form required and duly authorized by the responsible officers so that they are readily available for independent review;
· Facilitate procurement audits and do all that is necessary to ensure that all procurement activities are carried out expeditiously and efficiently and free of wasteful expenditures, fraud, omissions and errors;
· Make sure all procurement files in the evaluation process, financial offers not yet opened are kept in a safe and closed location;
· Ensure financial commitments are met according to valid contracts;
· Be responsible for the purchase of products and services in the organization according to clear organizational procurement procedures;
· Manage the inventories of the products or services in the organization;
· Work on other duties assigned by the NCST Director General
A0 in Public Procurement, Finance, Management, Business Administration, Economics.
Key technical Skills and knowledge required:
· High analytical Skills;
· Knowledge of basic business and purchasing practices;
· Knowledge of state contracting law, regulations and procedures;
· Knowledge of grade, qualities, suppliers and prices tenders of commodities;
· Knowledge in contract drafting and negotiation;
· Category management skills;
· Time management skills;
· Decision making skills;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Computer skills;
· Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an advantage
Information about the advertised positions, including required qualifications for each position can also be found on the NCST website: www.ncst.gov.rw.
How To Apply
Each interested candidate should fill an application form available at www.psc.gov.rwand accompany it with a photocopy of their degree certificate(s) and Identity card. The applications form may be should be submitted at NCST, not later than April 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Done at Kigali, on 04/04/2017
Prof. Manasse MBONYE