Recruitment of a Grants Management Officer - AFR
Access to Finance Rwanda is seeking to fill the position of a Grants Management Officer. The Grants Management Officer bears the responsibility of providing technical assistance in grants management and financial management to ensure compliance with donor requirements. The Grants Management Officer will work closely with program teams to provide input/advicein grant management and preparing proposal budgets and will assist inproviding procurement services to the Program team.
Access to Finance Rwanda (AFR) was established in 2010 as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee (CLG) in Rwanda with the objective of increasing access to financial services for the rural and urban poor and for micro, small and medium sized enterprises in Rwanda. Existing funders of AFR include DFID, The MasterCard Foundation, Sweden, USAID, and KfW.
AFR’s strategic focus is stimulating financial sector development by partnering with financial institutions and other stakeholders to increase access to and use of financial services. We identify and address constraints that prevent the financial market from reaching Rwanda’s low-income population, and promote innovations and learning that result in sustainable change in the financial sector. Improving access to financial services for the rural poor and women is a particular focus.
The position bears the responsibility of providing technical assistance in grants management and financial management to ensure compliance with donor requirements. The Grants Management Officer will work closely with program teams to provide input/advice in grant management and preparing proposal budgets and will assist inproviding procurement services to the Program team.
Essential Professional Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration.
- Certified professional qualification in finance and or accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing grants in a medium to large sized donor funded organisation
- Knowledge and experience of USAID or DFID funding rules and regulations a must
- Experience in financial management, including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
- Experience of working with partner organizations in relation to grants management
- Experience in use of IT systems in grant management
- Good interpersonal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Fluency in written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English
- Ability to work and build effective teams, coach and develop others
Please visit http://www.afr.rw/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/TOR_AFR-Mgt-Grants-Officer.pdf for the detailed Terms of Reference for the position.
How to apply
- If your qualifications and experience match the requirements for this role, please email your application to the following email address: email@example.com Please state the title of the position as the subject of your email. All applications should be sent via email.
- Please attach yourCV containing your e-mail address, daytime telephone contact, qualifications, achievements, experience, present position and names & addresses of three referees together with a cover letter (maximum 1 page) summarising why you consider yourself particularly well suited for the position. Do not attach any other documents at this point.
- Closing date for receipt of applications will be 26 May 2017.
- All applications will be selected on merit and only short listed candidates will be invited for interviews. For any questions regarding the application process please contact AFR, on +250 782 507 751 during work hours
The position is open to Rwandan Nationals ONLY.