Vacancy Announcement (Re- Advertised)
ARC is looking for efficient and qualified person to fill up the following position in our organization
POSITION TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
COUNTRY PROGRAM Rwanda
LOCATION: Field Based
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Manager with technical reporting to Operations & Logistics Coordinator based in Kigali
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY: Storekeeper, Cook/Cleaner, Guards, Drivers, Refugee Workers
DATE: May- 2017
COUNTRY PROGRAM MISSION:
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to improve the well-being and self-reliance of the displaced refugee population from eastern DRC and Burundi by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), improving food security and enabling economic recovery in six refugee camps located in Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Logistics Coordinator will oversee and manage operations activities of the various projects in respective ARC Sites. S/he will provide leadership to improve the performance of the logistics and operational functions to achieve quality and timely service delivery, and cost-effectiveness. The Logistics Coordinator will report to respective Site managers and directly supervise, build capacity and technically support logistics team – staff and casuals - based at Site level.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, client oriented individual with strong sense of service, personal ethic, integrity, and a big appetite for quality improvement and accountability to improve stewardship of ARC’s logistics and resources. S/he will have the necessary interpersonal & intercultural skills to build strong relationships and trust among stakeholders in the context of Rwanda and will have a high level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity.
This is a field based position, and the successful candidate is expected to reside full time at/near the assigned Sites, and may be called upon to support related work over weekends, holidays or such other declared days.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and plan operational activities of the site in collaboration with the Site Manager
- Establish controls and set up and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and operational policies to be used in preventing fraud and ensuring full compliance with the ARC and donor rules and regulations
- Stay abreast of relevant donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations and train ARC program and partner staff in these policies
- Monitor, manage and support proper maintenance of all ARC facilities (Offices, Guest Houses, Stores, Warehouses, etc.) in the site
- Oversee the management of all communication and ICT services and assets at Site level
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Ensure that monthly and quarterly procurement plans are developed, submitted, and within budget limits and compliant with donor requirements.
- Coordinate regular market assessments to ensure accurate knowledge of local market prices for most common goods and services and maintain a local suppliers database
- Build and maintain constructive and ethical business relationship with suppliers and private sector’s operators
- Prepare monthly status reports on procurement, assets, contractor database and payments;
- Coordinate the packing and shipping of packages to and from the field sites; ensuring that there are adequate systems for tracking and documentation to support the processes
- Oversee and ensure proper storage and warehousing of ARC stock items and assets and maintain accurate inventory, assets and stock management, system.
- Ensure that the vehicle fleet owned by, lent to, or hired by ARC Site are managed according to ARC and/or donor’s policies and procedures, including efficient fuel consumption, maintenance and repairs, mileage monitoring, and reporting.
- Supervise the work of the Storekeeper, Drivers, Cook/Cleaner and other supply chain staff and operations support staff
- Oversee and coordinate the work of the guards at the office, guesthouse, and stores and other ARC installations,
- Liaise with Kigali office and coordinate the repair and service needs of all vehicles, generators, pumps and other equipment
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor, or any other ARC Senior Manager
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- A0 Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, Humanitarian Logistics, or a related field required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in operations and logistics management with humanitarian or development programs in diverse settings
- Professional certifications such as CSCP, CPIM, CLTD preferred
- Demonstrated continuous education and specialized trainings in procurement and logistics management;
- Skills and knowledge in the design and use of Information Management Systems (IMS)
- Strong experience and technical skills in logistics and operations management
- Knowledge of donor’s procurement policies (US Gov, UNHCR etc.)
- Experience coordinating with transportation providers and third parties
- Management experience leading a team of national staff
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Ability to communicate in spoken and written English with aptitude in reporting are mandatory
- Fluency in French and Kinyarwanda preferable
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated, client-oriented with a strong sense of personal ethic, integrity and a big appetite for quality improvement and accountability to improve stewardship of ARC’s resources
- Motivated to help navigate ARC Rwanda towards a period of change to achieve its new country strategy, to diversify and grow
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills to build strong relationships and trust among stakeholders
- High level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground
- Highly motivated who takes direction well, but also works independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Keen eye for detail
- Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy
- Ability to work in a sensitive, multi-cultural context as a respectful team player and manager
- Exercises situational awareness and good judgment in precarious security situations
- Ability and willingness to live and work full-time in isolated areas of Rwanda
To apply for this position: Submission of applications – to include Cover letter and updated CV (maximum three pages) - shall be either hand delivered to
KG 622 St 19
Submitted via email to RWJobs@arcrelief.org with Vacancy Announcement- Logistics Coordinator in the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is 12th May, 2017 at 17:00hrs Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment