Swansea University offers Eira Davies Scholarship to undertake undergraduate or taught master’s postgraduate degree programin 2017-2018 academic session. Applicants of developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Swansea University.
The University’s foundation stone was laid by King George V on 19 July 1920. Swansea University has a clear vision to be a research-led university of international quality.
Applicant must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT).
Course Level: Scholarships are provided for undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Swansea University.
Study Subject: Undergraduate or Postgraduate scholarships are available within the College of Human and Health Sciences in 2016-2017.
List of Subjects : Human and Health Sciences
Scholarship Award: The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship, and will be awarded to students demonstrating academic excellence and evidence of financial need.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- For postgraduate taught courses, applicants should have a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelors degree, 3 A levels (excluding General Studies) grade A-B and 5 GCSEs grade A-B (equivalent qualifications and grades are also accepted)
- In the case of all applicants, their English language ability must meet any stipulated condition of offer and UKVI requirements
- Candidates must be new, full-time, degree seeking, non-EU applicants
- Candidates must have accepted and hold an offer of a place to study at Swansea University with theCollege of Human and Health Sciences
- Candidates must show strong academic ability and financial need
- Candidates must be usually resident in one of the countries listed below*
- Candidates should not be eligible for other financial support from Swansea University e.g. tuition fee reductions through collaborative links or bursaries Please note that students progressing from ICWS are not eligible to apply for an International Scholarship
Nationality: Female students ordinarily resident in a developing country are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
List of Countries: Afghanistan Gambia, The Myanmar, Bangladesh, Guinea, Nepal, Benin, Guinea-Bisau, Niger, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Rwanda, Burundi, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Korea, Dem Rep., Somalia, Central African Republic, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Chad, Liberia, Tanzania, Comoros, Madagascar, Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Malawi, Uganda, Eritrea, Mali, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Angola, India, Sao Tome and Principe, Armenia, Iraq, Senegal, Belize, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bhutan, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bolivia, Lao PDR, Sudan, Cameroon, Lesotho, Swaziland, Cape Verde, Marshall Islands, Syrian Arab Republic, Congo, Rep., Mauritania, Timor-Leste, Ivory Coast, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Tonga, Djibouti, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia, Tuvalu, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji Nicaragua, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Nigeria, Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Indonesia and Samoa
College Admission Requirement:
All applications for full-time undergraduate degrees and Higher National Diplomas must be made through UCAS, the Universities Colleges and Admissions Service. You should also use UCAS if you wish to transfer from one university to another. To be considered for postgraduate study you must satisfy the University’s general entry requirements as well as any specific requirements for your chosen programme.
Test Requirement: Not required
English Language Requirement : Applicant must prove your knowledge of the English language when you apply. This usually means passing a secure English language test (SELT).
How to Apply: The scholarship application forms must be sent via e-mail.
Application Deadline: The closing date for application is June 18, 2017.