FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Job Title: Chief of Party, Rwanda Service Delivery Activity
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Chief of Party
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a Chief of Party for an anticipatedproject in Rwanda, focused onimproving reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and malaria control and prevention activities. The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership and technical direction for the project, ensuring achievement of project deliverables. The COP will be the primary liaison with the funder and will manage project staff and implementing partners to ensure proper reporting, financial management, and compliance. The COP is expected to coordinate with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives and adhere to country and global standards. The position will be based in Kigali and will report to the FHI 360 East Africa Regional Director. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
The Chief of Party will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical leadership and expertise in the development and implementation of health service delivery and demand generation strategies to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) and strengthen malaria prevention and control.
- Responsible for the overall planning implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee team of senior technical and program management project staff and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, Government of Rwanda partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee/manage partnerships and ensure strong lines of communication and collaboration are established and maintained.
- Lead the planning of all project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines.
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure excellence and accountability to beneficiaries and USAID.
- Produce and present papers at local, regional and international fora to share experiences and emerging best practices.
- Ensure financial and grants management compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely, high-quality, and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Master's Degree or higher in medicine, public health,health management, social science, or a related field required.
- 10 + years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing large, complex health service delivery projects involving multiple partners in or for developing countries.
- At minimum, must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract/grant management
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, with accompanying depth and breadth of technical and management expertise.
- At least two years of experience living or working in a developing country required; experience living and working in Rwanda is preferred.
- Management experience with a USG cooperative agreement preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English; French language fluency highly desired.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com as soon as possible and no later than May 31, 2017.Please quote Requisition ID 18547 in the subject line. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kigali May 11, 2017
Eustochie Sezibera Agasaro
Project Director, Rwanda MCOP Project