Closing date: 25 May 2017FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Monit
oring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor
Description:FHI 360 seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor** for a USAID/Rwanda Activity that seeks to increase off-farm employment opportunities through enhanced access to finance, increased private investment, expanded reach of entrepreneurship support organizations, increased capacity of firms to attract and use finance, and deepened finance sector capacity to assess risk and increase return. The MEL Advisor will provide overall guidance and technical expertise on monitoring and evaluation; in particular, guiding the Activity’s Collaborating, Learning and Adapting approach.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation, data collection, best practices identification and dissemination of learning activities among project partners, stakeholders, donors, and other implementing partners.
- Work with partners to ensure proper identification of baseline and collection of data, and that the necessary data is being generated to evaluate and learn from project activities, and adapt activities appropriately and as necessary in cooperation with technical leads.
- Coordinate with other programs and stakeholders to share lessons learned.
- Lead annual MEL planning process, including partners and stakeholders to continually adapt and improve annual plan.
- Participate in regular senior management planning meetings, and provide analytical feedback and support to inform technical decisions by senior management and the technical component leads.
- Masters Degree or its International Equivalent, with a focus on monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
- 7+ years’ experience required in knowledge management, M&E, organizational learning and/or strategic learning; preferably in a high-risk international development context.
- Demonstrated experience using a mix of informational sources and M&E/research methods to analyze project progress, communicate findings to a range of external and internal stakeholders, and apply M&E results and learning to work planning.
- Experience catalyzing programmatic learning and adaptive management with donors, NGOs, contractors, or international organizations, particularly with USAID, strongly preferred.
- Ability to work remotely to guide data collection process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and professional fluency in English required
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.