FORUM FOR AFRICAN WOMEN EDUCATIONALISTS
“Supporting girls and women to acquire education for development”
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Terms of Reference for Individual Consultancy Services to Reactivate the Organization’s Website
About FAWE Rwanda
FAWE Rwanda has grown over the last twenty years to become a reputable key partner and focal point on girls’ education in Rwanda. The organization was created by a group of visionary women pioneers in I997, who saw a huge disparity between girls’ education and that of boys, and whose common goal was to build the country and promote national development through girls’ and women’s education.
FAWE’s vision is a world in which gender disparities in education are eliminated and all Rwandese girls access education, perform well and complete their studies.
The mission of FAWE is to promote gender equity and equality in education by fostering positive policies, practices and attitudes towards girls’ education.
FAWE Rwanda chapter has had a website for the last six years. As per recently, the website hasn’t been operational up to the organization’s expectations thus our pronounced will to have it upgraded and operational. It is in this regard that we want to hire an expert in website development to reactivate and upgrade FAWE Rwanda Chapter’s website. The website will act as a tool to raise awareness of and to promote the projects that promote the education of young girls in order to support its success, sustainability and visibility in the region. It will also be used as a tool for communication and collaboration between the FAWE Rwanda stakeholders for the sharing of success stories, knowledge and resources to strengthen the network.
Objectives of the consultancy
- The primary objective of the assignment is to design and establish a new and user friendly website for FAWE Rwanda Chapter.
- The secondary objective is to train FAWE staff in maintaining and uploading content on the website.
The intended users of the website include, but are not limited to, the following
- The General Public
- Students – Women & Girls
- Policy Makers
- Academia - University Representatives, Professors, Lecturers and other Academic Staff, Students, Student Groups
- FAWE Rwanda partners
Required Experience, Qualifications and Competences
The consultant / firm should possess the following qualifications;
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience as a professional web developer (proof will be required);
- Good working experience with web and graphic design software including but not limited to Photoshop, Fireworks, Dreamweaver or other latest professional web and graphic design tools;
- More than 5 years of experience with various Content Management Systems;
- Experience designing and administering SQL databases;
Scope of work
This assignment will include the analysis, design and development/reactivation of the organization’s website. The Consultant will conduct several presentations and brainstorming sessions to present the concept and discuss the progress of the assignment in each step of the assignment with the aim to get feedback on various aspects of the website including identifying and defining the type, quality and quantity of information that will be published on the websites. Corrective measures should be taken from the issues raised and feedback collected from the various meetings with the FAWE’s team which is involved in this assignment.
The assignment will include but not be limited to:
- Assessment of the detailed requirements and processes including the required structure and contents for ease of accessibility, quality of contents, user-friendliness, ease of maintenance/update, information retrieval, etc based on the existing website structure;
- Work with FAWE’s team to elaborate the websites’ content architecture including the content types, the content classification and content structure;
- Design attractive interfaces for the websites that are compatible with the major web browsers available;
- Work with FAWE’s assigned team to collect, process and publish relevant content for the website in various formats including text, images, html, streaming voice and video, pdf files, etc. during the website design & development, emphasis should be put on attractive site and page layout design, navigation, usability, clear catalogs & folders for data & page storage, easy to use, update and maintain, flexible navigation & search function; counting function for web pages visited, etc;
- Where necessary, create HTML documents and graphics for implementation in the Web;
- Make recommendations for backup/restore plan;
- Provide training to at least 1 FAWE RWANDA staff on website maintenance and content update using a robust but easy to use Content Management System (CMS);
- Design and establish anti-hacker and antivirus/antimalware plan for the website;
- Make recommendations for software, hardware, and other back-end applications necessary to host the websites;
- The structure of each of the websites should at a minimum have the following attributes:
- Home page
- Static pages
- Dynamic Pages
- News and Social Media channel
- Announcements and Notice Board
- Publication channel
- Procurement channel
- In site search
- Website Usage Analytics
- Photo and Video gallery
- CMS with easy remote administration
- The website should be hosted under the .org domain
The Consultant/firm should be available to provide maintenance and support service for 6 months after the websites have been accepted and have gone live.
Reporting and Deliverables
The Consultant shall principally report to the assigned FAWE’s staff and the entire FAWE’s team to produce the following deliverables:
- Inception report detailing the assignment work plan, detailed the approach and methodology and the nature and structure of all the expected deliverables;
- Website technical requirements specifications document;
- Draft final report after initial development and hosting of the website as well as the after website presentation and completion of the website system documentation report which will be accompanied by the source code;
- Final report after the website has gone live and after incorporating the Client’s comments as well as completion of the technical and end user documentation for the website administration, maintenance, content update, marketing and hosting requirements.
Estimated Duration of the Assignment
Except the specific periods mentioned above, the Individual Consultant/firm is expected to deliver the final deliverables of the consultancy within 30 business days after signing the contract.
If interested in the above mentioned opportunity, please submit your application, CV and financial offer to the following address: National Coordinator, FAWE Rwanda Chapter, 1st Floor, MINEDUC Building, Room 116, Kacyiru, OR Send your application online using the following email addresses by 17th May 2017 at 9:00 a.m, and in the subject please mention: “SERVICES TO REACTIVATE THE ORGANIZATION’S WEBSITE”.
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Mrs. Eugenie MUKANOHELI
FAWE Rwanda chapter