One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In more than five years in Rwanda, We have grown to serve more than 180,000 farm families with 1,500 full-time staff in Rwanda. In Burundi, We have grown to serve 40,000 farm families with over 400 full-time staff. Organization wide, we are on track to serve one million farmers across 10 countries by 2020. We only serve farmers, and we always putFarmers First.
Job Description: Finance and Business Intelligence Specialist
Mbere na mbere abahinzi
Function: Finance and Administration
Employer: One Acre Fund.
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Deadline: 26th May 2017
Commitment: Minimum two years commitment, full time job
Who We Are
One Acre Fund, known as TUBURA in Rwanda, is an agricultural NGO that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. In nine years in Rwanda, we have grown to serve more than 100,000 farm families with more than 1,000 full-time field staff. We are Rwanda’s fastest growing professional organization. To help manage this growth, we are looking for Finance and Business Intelligence Specialist to start as soon as possible.
One Acre Fund relies on a sophisticated suite of online back office reports, and we are rapidly expanding the size and scope of the data at our disposal. Our reports support around 5,000 employees distributed over multiple East African countries.
Our current business reporting suite includes budgets and forecasting, inputs, procurement, and US G.A.A.P. reporting. Over the next year we’ll add data from logistics and HR. All data is stored in SQL server 2016 with the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, and we build reports in SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI. Given One Acre Fund’s future growth plans and our commitment to data driven decisions, we are constantly innovating the way we store our data and disseminate reports. As we are growing, we are looking to:
- Expand the scope of reporting by building new reports as we gain access to more data across more departments
- Heavily focus on user experience—we want to drive up usage because the reports make data fun and actionable, not because users have no other options
The Finance and Business Intelligence Specialist will be based in Kigali, Rwanda. S/he will work one-on-one with his/her manager to shape the way our team meets this future. S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Work with users to design reports considering their needs, your knowledge of our data, and best practices for report visuals
- Ensure reports are actionable and contribute to organization-wide goals
- Build efficient and accurate queries using SQL
- Take ownership over quality control for your reports and make sure they are properly vetted
- Maintain a long-term perspective when faced with urgent operational demands
- Focus on simplicity and usability for our staff
- Maintain data and technical standards and participate in peer reviews
- Find an aspect of the team’s expansion that you’re excited about and take ownership over pushing that project forward
- Operational insight: Become familiar with every aspect of our operations and identify areas for improvement in the tools we develop to support our customers and our systems.
- Other tasks: We are a young organization that is growing rapidly, which means all staffers pitch in to ensure we are providing the very best support and services to both our team and clients.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 1-2 years of work experience. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- A Bachelor's degree in Economics, Computer Science, Statistics, or equivalent data-related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Experience with SQL (preferred) or other data analytics language (i.e. Stata, SAS, SPSS, or R)
- Experience overseeing a project – you’ll be expected to work independently, managing multiple projects while nailing the details
- Ability to find creative and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication skills – able to convey complex ideas concisely and accurately
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong technical skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service
- Focus on growth – desire to learn from mistakes and rapidly learn new skills
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least 2 years, and excitement and drive to grow your career within One Acre Fund
- Language: English required
Preferred Start Date
Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Health insurance, immunizations.
Sponsor International Candidates
Please click on this link:
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
We are offering a world class professional and international environment that focuses on your career development and are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. If you are being approached by someone demanding money, please do not hesitate to report this to the Tubura HR Hotline: 0785443136 (Please do not use this number for any purpose other than reporting fraud attempts).
One Acre Fund is an equal opportunity employer; all candidates with legal working age will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, region, sex, disability status or any other characteristic protected by the law.