TUBURA UNIVERSITY ASSOCIATE
A seasoned training professional with at least 3-5 years work experience and a demonstrated passion for helping both our staff and clients achieve their full human potential. Tubura University is a department within the Rwanda One Acre Fund program focusing on learning and development opportunities for our staff and clients. The Tubura University (TU) Associate will focus on program improvement and department management by identifying opportunities and working on projects to improve the Rwanda Training Department systems and people in order to better achieve our organizational goals. Day-to-day management of TU, the TU team, and program improvements will be the primary responsibility of the TUAssociate.
- Country-Wide Professional Development: At One Acre Fund, we hire staff from the rural communities we serve and provide them with the training and mentorship they need to become leaders in their communities. Our Senior Field Directors manage hundreds of staff and thousands of beneficiaries – many of them started as an entry-level Field Associate and grew to their current position through mentoring, professional experience, and rigorous classroom exercises. The Tubura University Associate will provide support revising and implementing a tiered curriculum designed to support all staff professional development at all levels of the organization in meeting their full potential.
- Curriculum Design: Education, whether agricultural techniques, financial planning or leadership skills, is one of the core pillars of One Acre Fund’s program model. The Tubura UniversityAssociate will partner with other Training Department staff and the Global Training and Development Team to build their capacity to design, evaluate and implement curriculum and individual lessons. The TU Associate will have a strong education background with curriculum design and adult education experience.
- Training of Trainers: One Acre Fund implements quality trainings to over 1,000 staff through its Training of Trainers program. The Tubura University Associate, in collaboration with the Field Operations Team, will evaluate the current training of trainers programs, review best practices in Training of Trainers, present a set of recommended improvements to the Country Leadership, and implement program improvements.
- Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E): One Acre Fund holds all staff to a high standard in everything we do – our farmers deserve nothing less. The Training Department is no exception. The Tubura University Associate will be responsible for working with the M&E Project Specialist on how to monitor and evaluate the impact of Tubura University programs.
- Management and Mentorship: The Training Department is comprised of a team of eight full-time staff members across the country. The Tubura University Associate will support the team in managing, mentoring, and developing our team as they take on greater and more complicated responsibilities.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 3-5 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for education and international development. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. leading a team or a conference, ownership over large, long-term projects, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (VSO, JICA, etc).
- Leadership and management experience at work, or outside of work.
- Top-performing undergraduate background.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role.
- Language: English and Kinyarwanda required.
Preferred Start Date
As Soon As Possible
Commensurate with experience. This is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for a long-term career.
Health insurance, room and board, local taxes, travel allowances.
Sponsor International Candidates
No. Rwandan citizens only.