EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Old Mutual plc. Is a leading multinational long-term savings, protection and investment group which has been operating for over 169 years. It has operations in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia, supported by over 56,000 employees serving over 16 million customers. Old Mutual is listed on the London and Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya (www.oldmutual.co.ke ), UAP Holdings www.uap-group.com and Faulu Microfinance Bank (www.faulukenya.com ) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. It therefore wishes to fill vacant positions with qualified, experienced and talented individuals to strengthen its portfolio as a Pan - African Financial Services Group. The position details are further outlined below:
Finance Manager -UAP OLD MUTUAL GROUP
Reporting to the MD Rwanda, the role holder will manage the finance function of the company in a professional manner to ensure the company meets its financial obligations on a day to day basis.
The key objectives for this position are:
- Contribute to and implement broader financial strategy across the business.
- Long term focus on future financial direction of the business.
- Set operational policies for the business, develop and take accountability for a business plan.
- Potentially manage non-financial functions.
- Responsible for actuarial valuation of the business.
- Translate strategy into business plan.
- Manage Financial resources
- Accountable for preparation of financial reports, results and commentary
- Manage Financial and Operational performance
- Responsible for planning and forecasting
- Manage capital and Tax
- Ensure best financial operating practice and compliance.
- Responsible for audit liaison as well as tax, legislative and statutory requirements.
- Influence business on corrective actions required on issues raised during monthly management accounting process.
- Look for opportunities to minimize tax liabilities of the organization.
Key Result Areas and Performance Indicators
- To manage the company liquidity on a day to day basis to ensure that the funds are always available to meet any obligations that may arise
- Establish and perform an effective budgetary monitoring system (variance analysis) to ensure that it is as per the approved plan and that any variance is explained
- Ensure that all company debts are collected within the stipulated time to ensure that the company meets its financial obligations and Return on Investment income
- Ensure that (external and internal) accounting procedures are being followed & in compliance with international financial reporting standards and regulatory requirements
Qualifications and experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Masters' degree/MBA
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Member of a professional accountancy body
- 10 years' experience (Minimum 2 years in the insurance industry)
Knowledge and Skills
- Good analytical and quantitative skills
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Financial Services
- Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to apply for the role through email@example.com by 5.00 p.m. 14th July, 2017. ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Signed by; Ruth Mutoni
Manager Human Resources
James Kurla Mbithi
Chef Operations Officer