POSITION: Project Quality Supervisor
ITM Africa Ltd on behalf of Off Grid Electric (ZOLA) is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project Quality Supervisor.
The Project Quality Supervisor (future quality supervisor) will initially report to the Group Quality Manager dotted line to the Group Director of logistics manufacturing. This is an early level management position in Off Grid Electric’s team. Ideally, the candidate will have solar industry experience with the ability to make quick decisions based on quantitative and qualitative analysis. You will thread the needle among our different suppliers locally and overseas, country and group operations, ensuring a healthy and successful partnership between procurement, design, manufacturing, logistics and sales to enable quality assurance and control for manufacturing. Your lasers focus on the intricacies of manufacturing and logistics designing for quality excellence.
- Manage the quality part of a project establishing a semi knocked down manufacturing line in Rwanda in a warehouse starting from scratch.
- Support the sourcing location and cooperate with production manager, Rwanda Opco team to combine warehouse, workshop, kitting, and future manufacturing of appliances in one location.
- Support in investment lists specifically for quality control and assurance tool,and establish procurement sources with local and oversea colleagues.
- Tracking of budget for investment of quality tools continuously and strict budget control for cost of quality (quality control costs and yield losses).
- Cost control for all quality control and assurance activities needed. Set-up the quality system from an empty warehouse to be ready in schedule for appliance manufacturing, including all tools, interior, systems, etc. needed to do so.
- Documentation and control system of SOP, control plans, FMEA, training plans etc. to ensure a sustainable project set-up and successful manufacturing.
- Establish traceability throughout the manufacturing till the quality assurance as one of the main deliveries of the project.
- Assure security measures like access control and ESD conformity including setup of relevant system and audits therefore. Own the conformity of ESD assurance.
- Have a keen eye on tight inventory management, 5S, and continuous improvement and Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Support continuous improvement by developing and deploying balanced scorecards used to optimize all production and quality processes.
- Consider the overall management of business risk, the ability to shorten manufacturing and product development time, improve. Metrics for yield and quality assurance to be put in place.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of production level documents such as test procedures, work instructions and quality requirements.
- Define data collection points, data collection methods and reporting of results. Recommend and implement systems and tools to improve overall safety and quality of production.
- Plan production floor and manufacturing layout for new products together with manufacturing manager with a quality view.
- Lead team in developing comprehensive process FMEAs and points of quality assurance. Evaluate, select, and negotiate suppliers of all kinds (leases, supplies, materials, products, etc.).
- Partner with IT and Ops as we deploy a new ERP across the region to track all manufacturing processes.
- Drive the development of an annual quality budget and ensure that quality costs are within budget. Establish and maintain appropriate performance metrics and utilize them for managing performance, safety, quality and cost.
- Masters with focus on quality engineering, industrial engineering, electronics manufacturing, or similar, paired with significant experience in quality control and assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing process, traceability and quality control, leading a quality team
- Ability to clearly communicate and present status, action, recommendations, and other technical information at all levels.
- Ability to build strong relationships with, and influence suppliers.
- This position will be based in Rwanda, likely Kigali but relocation possible with in Rwanda.
- Project management experience
- Understanding of ESD control, establishing and ESD system including audits and ensuring conformity
- Experience defining and driving a quality manufacturing strategy – including metric definition, alternative testing methodologies are extremely important.
- Technical knowledge of solar modules, batteries, energy storage and LEDs a plus.
- Ideally Lean Six Sigma training and/or understanding.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in implementing Health, Safety, Environmental protection
- High understanding of quality, quality assurance and quality conformity.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus an updated Curriculum Vita, including 3 professional referees’ names and number to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line “Project Quality Supervisor job application".
The deadline for receiving applications is February 2, 2018