POSITION: Project Manager
ITM Africa Ltd on behalf of Off Grid Electric (ZOLA) is currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Project manager
The Project Manager (future production manager) will initially report to the Group Director of Manufacturing and Logistics, dotted line to the Managing Director Rwanda. This is a middle management position in Off Grid Electric’s team. Ideally, the candidate will have solar industry experience with the ability to make quick decisions based on quantitative and qualitative analysis. You will thread the needle among our different suppliers locally and overseas, country and group operations, ensuring a healthy and successful partnership between procurement, design, manufacturing, logistics and sales to enable high quality manufacturing. Your laser focus on the intricacies of manufacturing and logistics designing for excellence will ensure that our energy systems and accessories serve our customers needs every day, all day for years and years.
- Manage the project of establishing a semi knocked down manufacturing line in Rwanda in a warehouse starting from scratch.
- Finalize sourcing location and cooperate with Rwanda Opco team to combine warehouse, workshop, kitting, and future manufacturing of appliances in one location.
- Finalize investment lists and establish procurement sources with local and oversea colleagues.
- Tracking of budget for investment continuously and strict budget control.
- Cost control for all activities including leases and insurances needed.
- Set-up the manufacturing from an empty warehouse to be ready in schedule for appliance manufacturing, including all tools, interior, systems, etc. needed to do so.
- Hiring of staff for the SKD manufacturing and training of the personal.
- Documentation of SOP, control plans, FMEA, training plans etc. to ensure a sustainable project set-up and successful manufacturing.
- Take over the role of the production manager of the new established manufacturing process and lead efforts on production and strict cost control, increasing efficiencies and plan continuous improvement projects.
- Establish traceability through the manufacturing till the quality assurance as one of the main deliveries of the project.
- Assure security measures like access control and ESD conformity including setup of relevant system and audits therefore.
- Have a keen eye on tight inventory management, 5S, continuous improvement and Lean principles.
- Support continuous improvement by developing and deploying balanced scorecards used to optimize all production and quality processes.
- Consider the overall management of business risk, the ability to shorten manufacturing and product development time, improve and maintain quality, assess and leverage technology and achieve cost targets.
- Develop financial models to drive lower costs.
- Must be able to understand the cost drivers and develop strategies to minimize costs. Implement formal root cause and corrective action programs as required.
- Plan and oversee development of staff through appropriate training, education and coaching.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of production level documents such as test procedures, work instructions and quality requirements.
- Define data collection points, data collection methods and reporting of results.
- Recommend and implement systems and tools to improve overall efficiency, safety and quality of production.
- Plan production flow and manufacturing layout for new products.
- Participate in proposals and program design reviews ensuring product is designed for manufacturability.
- Training of production personnel for new product assembly and test methods.
- Develop a deep technical understanding of product functional requirements, and manufacturing processes and practices to ensure appropriate process controls are in place and being practiced.
- Assist team in developing comprehensive process FMEAs and points of quality assurance.
- Evaluate, select, and negotiate suppliers of all kinds (leases, supplies, materials, products, etc.).
- Partner with IT and Ops as we deploy a new ERP across the region to track all manufacturing processes.
- Drive the development of an annual budget and ensure that manufacturing expenses are within budget.
- Establish and maintain appropriate performance metrics and utilize them for managing performance, safety, quality and cost.
- Ideally masters with focus on industrial engineering, electronics manufacturing, or similar, paired with significant experience setting up production lines
- Understanding of manufacturing process, traceability and quality control, leading a manufacturing team
- Ability to clearly communicate and present status, action, recommendations, and other technical information at all levels.
- Ability to build strong relationships with, and influence suppliers.
- Project management experience to establish a semi knocked down manufacturing facility from an empty warehouse to full production with ESD protection requirements.
- Experience defining and driving a manufacturing strategy – including metric definition, alternative testing methodologies are extremely important.
- Technical knowledge of solar modules, batteries, energy storage and
- LEDs a plus.
- Ideally Lean Six Sigma training and/or understanding.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience in implementing Health, Safety and Environment High understanding of quality, quality assurance and quality conformity
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send an application letter plus an updated Curriculum Vita, including 3 professional referees’ names and number to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line “Project Manager Job application".
The deadline for receiving applications is February 2, 2018