The Institute of Policy analysis and Research (IPAR –Rwanda) is a fast growing indigenous, independent, not-for-profit Rwandan Institution. IPAR seeks to enhance evidence based policy making by conducting timely, relevant, high-quality, policy-oriented analysis and research. It also promotes a culture of debate and dialogue on policy issues in Rwanda.
IPAR-Rwanda would like to utilize part of its own generated revenue to hire two qualified and experienced staff at the positions of Senior Research and Research Fellow. The post holder needs to have substantial experience in research and policy analysis proposal writing and report writing.
Job Title: Research Fellow
Key roles and required Qualification
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Highly motivated research professional, with relevant Masters in Economics from top-tier University with at least 3 years relevant research experience, policy analysis, proposal and report writing in a Think-tank research Institute.
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial individual with a an understanding of policy analysis and how to influence the policymaking process
- Record of quality research output demonstrable by publications in policy documents and newspapers
- Some Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methods and the willingness to lean and ability to transfer those skills to others
- Demonstrable research administration and budget management skills and the willingness to transfer those skills to others
- Record with experience of managing people, mentoring and skills transfer within a multi-disciplinary research environment
- Experience of undertaking a similar role in a public policy research institute or think tank
- Fluency in English is essential, working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is an added advantage
- Numerate, with strong skills in micro-economic and statistical analysis, with expertise in statistical software (e.g. SPSS, STATA) very desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- The research fellow will report to senior Research Fellow. They will have responsibility for leadership of research assistants.
- Delivery expectations will be agreed upon with the research fellow once recruited. Regular progress reports shall be submitted on the agreed intervals to be specified at the beginning of the contract, with a strong focus on delivery. External reporting will also be required to IPAR’s board and funders.
Duration of Contract
The position is available for immediate start and the duration of the initial contract is 2year with possibility of renewal upon satisfactory performance.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates should send a short cover letter, CV and Academic credentials to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th Febuary,2018 at 5pm. Short listed candidates will then be interviewed shortly afterwards. Should you have any further questions please send e-mail on email@example.com with “Research Fellow” in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Please consider not to have been shortlisted if you are not contacted by March 25th, 2018.