Job Description – Human Resources, Admin and Logistics Coordinator
Position: HR, Admin and Logistics Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager
Employer: Children’s Voice Today
Job Location: Kigali, Nyamirambo
Date: 20th February 2018
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Represent HR in meetings and other related assignments
- Forecast staffing needs and work with managers in recommending staffing structures and needs to fully implement programmes.
- Contribute in conducting compensation reviews, formulating and implementing employee benefit schemes and review periodically to bring in best practices
- Provide the required HR Information to budget holders to assist budget holders in the preparation of annual HR budgets for salaries and benefits
- Maintain employee data (paper and/or electronic) in secured lockers with defined access levels
- Lead in the maintenance of an updated staff list
- Policies and Procedures
- Comply with and support development of relevant CVT policies and procedures with respect to Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing Policy, Fraud and Dishonesty policy, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Ensure that all consultants, casual workers and staff sign the disclaimer form for receiving, reading, complying the relevant policies and this form is attached in their personal files
- Work with others in achieving CVT HR minimum standards in compliance with Local labour Laws and maintain/ update HR records as per the standard compliance checklist.
- Prepare employee turnover reports, Update employee database
- Prepare HR Reports periodically and on request
- Support in recruitments; selection, interviews, reference checks, offer process and on-boarding process
- Maintaining HR calendar, timely renewal of staff contracts, probation confirmation etc.
- Lead in maintaining an updated recruitment tracker
- Maintain an updated consultants and casuals database
- Lead in the performance management process; ensure line managers understand the process, appraisals are done on time and relevant feedback and staff development issues captured and communicated accordingly
- Support managers in the annual performance management review process and provide confidential performance counselling to managers and staff regarding work-related problems.
- Provide support to programme plans and assessments of staff capacity building
- Provide necessary adminitration support for the organisation
- Provide necessary logistics support for the organisation
- University education in Human Resources management or related field
- Knowledge and experience in training and staff development policy design
- Strong management skills including analytical skills, judgement and decision making
- Proven track record in implementing robust performance management systems
- Highly developed communication skills both in written and verbal English and Kinyarwanda in order to establish effective relationships with internal and external audiences
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead train and motivate staff with a capacity building Commitment and understanding of CVT’s goals, values and principles.
- Experience of working in the HR field
- Proven ability to work with children, vulnerable population and to be accountable to them
- Understands clearly the sense of child led participation and work towards realising CVT goals in this regard
- Works towards fulfilling children opinions under different organs/programmes of the organisation
- Holds him-/herself accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling CVT values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for CVT, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with the team, colleagues, members, external partners, and supporters
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener and easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications written in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 20th February 2018, the CV should include 3 referees with their address. Please include The Job Title in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.