GET IT seeks a highly experienced operations and supply chain professional to grow our operations throughout East Africa. This means both building our Rwanda-based footprint, including satellite fulfillment centers throughout the country, as well as replicating the model in Rwanda into Uganda, Kenya, DRC, and Tanzania. Concurrently, GET IT will be exporting throughout Africa, the Middle East, and Europe.
As a GET IT’s COO, you are responsible for managing the full breadth of GET IT’s operations. As the leader of our Senior Management Team, you will:
- Oversee all supply chain operations. This includes managing our Head of Supply and the supply chain team to ensure our full range of products is in stock and delivered on time.
- Manage all logistics. This includes managing our Head of Stock Control and Logistics to ensure fulfillment and delivery is consistent across our warehouses and delivery
- Drive operational growth. This includes building and managing the operations in new territories and countries.
- Manage HR & Hiring: this includes managing the Head of HR and leading the company to build a high quality team through rapid growth.
- Oversee our food safety and compliance team. This includes managing the Head of Food Safety and Head of Process and Compliance. You’re responsible to maintain our ISO 22000 certification and lead on obtaining new certifications.
- Manage our farm team and ensure strong production capacity.
- Manage development of new products, including meat and dairy production and distribution.
- Ensure strong financial controls and profitability.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Our COO is someone who gains energy working in a fast moving, quickly growing company. We’re looking for someone with a depth of experience in operating a complex supply chain infrastructure; someone who is driven by the long-term mission and vision of the organization. The compensation package will reflect this, and is largely comprised of a performance-based bonus structure and generous equity options.
- Strong familiarization with the constraints and approaches to working with African context
- Highly honed management experience of large teams; thrives managing and developing a team
- Experience building distribution systems from the ground-up in frontier markets
- Builds deep mentor relationships with direct reports
- Deeply experienced managing supplier relationships, contracts, and terms
- Experience working with global manufacturing brands
- Managed diverse local and import networks
- Managed export and/or multi-country distribution
- Managed multiple warehouses and/or warehouse networks
- Deep experience in finance management and controls
- Experienced in growth management
- Fluent in English
- Experience managing supply for companies that sell FMCG and/ or farm products preferre
- Experience in the hospitality and/or food service sector
- Six Sigma certification or equivalent
- Master’s in supply chain management or equivalent
- Experience in import/export of highly perishable products
- Experience in frontier markets, preference for Africa
- Experiencing managing product portfolio of over 5,000 SKUs
- Worked with perishable foods, with preferences toward fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy, seafood
- Deep knowledge of food safety and certifications (HACCP, ISO, etc.)
- Fluent in French and/or Kiswahili
To apply for these position: send the application letter , academic credentials and CV : in Single PDF document to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 6th,march 2018.
Subject line should be "COO Application"