ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. In partnership with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct a Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIA) to estimate the population-level impact of the national HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Rwanda.
In addition to providing important programmatic information to the MoH and relevant
stakeholders, this assessment of the national HIV program is of great value to HIV researchers and public health experts around the world.
More details on ICAP’s PHIA Project may be found at:
POSITION: Operations Manager – Rwanda PHIA, ICAP Rwanda
REPORTS TO: Finance and Administration Director – Rwanda PHIA, ICAP Rwanda
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
The Operations Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations, managing the project’s Human Resources, helping, creating organizational, and program budgets in collaboration with the Finance and Administration Director and Project Director, Ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing stewardship for the project and office’s operation functions. Working with the senior management t o implement ICAP Standard Operating Procedures and practices.
This position is grant funded.
Project Management and Administration
- Create and maintain an administrative filing system
- Implement, manage and maintain record keeping, confidential personnel files, and purchasing and inventory control systems
- Oversee office insurance policies, both health and general insurance. Ensure health and Safety policies are held and tasks assigned.
- Prepare, respond to and file correspondence on behalf of the office
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Designs, organizes and maintains specialized and custom forms, records, reports; files and logs to support both administrative and technical work processes in areas of assigned responsibility;
- Initiates and coordinates contractual agreements, including consultants, technical services agreements, and subcontracts.
- Ensure that contractual requirements are met, including timely submission of reports to donors.
- Assess all contracts signed to make sure are compliant to both ICAP and funder requirements and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that ICAP policies, procedures, donor regulations, and requirements are met.
- Supports the Finance and Administration Director to liaise with local and international partners, consultants, and vendors on all contractual matters
- Working with the Finance and Administration Director plan the use of human resources. Assist in recruitment and placement of required staff; establishment of organizational structure; delegation of tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules
- Assist with Human Resources management: design and implement policies and procedures, manage benefits administration, recruitment, orientation and training of staff
- Maintain confidential records and files, maintaining and updating files indexes for all staff
- Support new staff in acquiring visas and other relocating requirements.
- Generate management information including partner and staff contact list and and other communication monitoring systems.
- Send monthly contact list reports to ICAP New York
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR. Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions.
- Communicate on all public holidays to staff and ICAP New York
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position in an International Organization
- Knowledge of United States Government standard provisions and rules and regulations
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Computer literate preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Good interpersonal and team building skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective writing, verbal and listening communication skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Very effective organization and time management skills;
- Be flexible, honest and trustworthy and with sound work ethics;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy confidentiality concerning organization files;
No frequent travel/trips.
No frequent travel/trips.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with subject title “PHIA Project – POSITION TITLE” to email@example.com. Please do not submit certificates online. The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 09th March, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted