ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. In partnership with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct a Population-based HIV Impact Assessments (PHIA) to estimate the population-level impact of the national HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Rwanda.
In addition to providing important programmatic information to the MoH and relevant
stakeholders, this assessment of the national HIV program is of great value to HIV researchers and public health experts around the world.
More details on ICAP’s PHIA Project may be found at:
POSITION: Receptionist/ Operations Assistant – Rwanda PHIA, ICAP Rwanda
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager – Rwanda PHIA, ICAP Rwanda
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
The Receptionist/Operations Assistant reports to the Operations Manager with supervision from the Finance and Administration Director and is responsible for providing general clerical and administration services. He/she will make sure these services are available to make sure the operations of ICAP in Rwanda are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
This position is grant funded.
- Support the Operations Manager in maintaining the office filing and storage systems;
- Supporting the Operations Manager in monitoring and ordering of designated equipment, materials, supplies and/or other services.
- Distribute mail and help in the filing all the mail;
- Perform errands that assist daily functions: post office etc;
- General reception duties, like greet and assist visitors, answer phones, direct calls to respective staff and attend to inquires;
- Open mail and distribute to responsible people in the absence of the Administrative Assistant;
- Supporting the Operations Manager in providing technical support and assistance in utility monitoring;
- Assisting the Operations Manager and Procurement and Logistics Officer in performing smaller purchasing duties for designated equipment, materials, supplies and/or other services.
- Helps in coordinating arrangements and sets up trainings and workshops, which include bookings, confirmations and transport arrangements;
- Help to prepare and assemble training materials;
- Where possible, coordinates all travel arrangements for ICAP staff and visitors, both local and international;
- Supervises the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of ICAP Malawi office and equipment.
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and other general office duties when required
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor;
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum diploma Business Administration and Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position in an International Organization
- Knowledge of United States Government standard provisions and rules and regulations
REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective writing, verbal and listening communication skills
- Very good organization and time management skills
- Be flexible, honest and trustworthy and with sound work ethics;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
No frequent travel/trips.
No frequent travel/trips.
Please send an application letter and CV by email with subject title “PHIA Project – POSITION TITLE” to email@example.com. Please do not submit certificates online. The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 09th March, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted