Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : ITC Assistant (2 Positions)
Organizational Unit : Resources Management Department
Duty Station : IOM Kigali, Rwanda
Classification staff): General Service Staff, Grade G5 (UN salary Scale for GS
Type of Appointment : Special fixed term, nine (9) months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 25, 2018
Reference Code : VN2018/03 - RW
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer and technical supervision of the Regional Office (RO) IT Officer the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for all ITC related activities within IOM Rwanda.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Implementation, management and maintenance of Information Technology and Communication services in IOM Rwanda office including the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) and if required IOM supported facilities.
- Managing and maintaining the mission’s communication systems/equipment including, mobile lines, PABX, VOIP and other sat-phones, Internet access, International Faxing services, HF/VHF Radios and all other communication related matters.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading desktop and laptop computers and software used in the mission.
- Assist in installation, operation and administration of the security for the various system and network components, including protection against viruses, access to email and Internet, relational database management systems and implementation of ITC disaster recovery services.
- Ensuring data and system integrity by setting up and administrating IT security systems: antivirus, backup routines, access controls, firewall and physical security.
- Develop, when needed, software for automating the tasks of various departments as well as testing and suggesting new software packages, which can improve the overall efficiency of the mission.
- Ensure that all helpdesk queries are answered appropriately via email, telephone call or in person.
- Providing support of in house produced software (Mimosa, iGator, Amadeus etc.)
- Providing appropriate IT/Communication training to all users in the Mission.
- Maintain regular updates to the technical documentation for the voice and data networks.
- Maintaining necessary documentation for system maintenance and support procedures in IOM Rwanda Office including the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) and if required IOM supported facilities.
- In coordination with procurement unit maintain/follow up appropriate maintenance contracts for all IT/Communication equipment.
- Ensure strict adherence to IOM ITC Standards and liaising with IOM ITC departments in Manila for any exception.
- Assist the RMO in developing internal instructions/elaborate documentation for user guidance and for effective use of applications, protection of ITC equipment as well as adherence to ITC standards.
- Performing any other related duties as required from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with three years of relevant professional experience preferably from an international organisation; or
- Completed High School certificate/diploma from an accredited academic institution, with 5 years of relevant professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in LAN/WAN networking environment.
- Working knowledge of: Windows Server 2008 software in a multi-site environment, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, TCP/IP Protocol, Cisco Router Configuration, Windows 7 administration.
- Experience with HP/Compaq, IBM, and Cisco and Siemen equipment.
- Strong knowledge and working experience with Codan HF Radio systems data/mail replications plus Codan software
- Ability to design and configure networks
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MSCE) certification and/or Cisco Certifications an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills and experience in training required.
- Experience in working in an international organization
Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda is required. Knowledge of French and Swahili is an added advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or servicesLeadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Appointment will be subject to certification by the Organization’s (IOM’s) Medical Officer, based on medical examination(s), that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the Government of Rwanda, where applicable.
This application is open to all Rwandese citizen and any other foreign national as long as such an applicant has a right of residence and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application (IOM will not be responsible in securing such Visas or authorisations from the Government of Rwanda, any applicant of foreign nationality must provide authentic certification from Government of Rwanda in regards to right of residency and right to work in Rwanda at the time of application).
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the Position title and reference code.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé (CV) highlighting the required education and experience
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.02.2018 to 25.02.2018