ORGANISATION: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is a private Christian School owned and operated by YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA which is a missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to a mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, social involvement and leadership development.
In its Strategies, Youth for Christ/Rwanda reaches the youth through Education and thus started and owns KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, KIGALI and RWAMAGANA CAMPUSES.
It is against this back ground that Youth for Christ/Rwanda wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following position:
SECONDARY TEACHER (1 position)
Location: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, KIGALI CAMPUS,
Nature of Contract: INDEFINITE
Medium of Instruction: ENGLISH;
To insure that the learners (students) are provided with safe environment of learning and perform properly in taught subjects. The environment should be highly structured and highly relational in nature to enable students flourish spiritually, academically, physically and emotionally
Supervisor(s): Academic Director, Main Campus Director.
Faith and behaviors Requirements:
Faith – Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church.
Behaviour – Self-Disciplined and teachable. Personal integrity in both professinal and private life.
SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER ( Geography & History)-Full time, 1 position
- Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church;
- Passion to serve and work hard;
- Self-disciplined and teachable;
- Degree in Education/Geography and History;
- Prior experience of two years in teaching;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and teach lessons professionally.
- Make adequate teaching aids.
- Make sure the class has a favorable learning environment.
- Have all professional documents and show them to any hierarchical authority when asked.
- File and keep properly all students books.
- Make children respect, well manage and account for the school materials.
- Make sure the classroom is tidy and clean.
- Check the going in and out of the learners, accompany them wherever they are. At all occasions, she or he is responsible for them and must give them a good example.
- Attend all meetings organized by the school.
- Check punctuality and regularity of the children.
- Make all necessary reports as asked by the school administration.
- Make sure the discipline and cleanliness of the children are observed.
- Ensure the school materials are well accounted for and well utilized.
- Collaborate closely with parents, teachers, school authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a good collaboration with the team leaders or their hierarchical leaders.
- Do his/her work according to the decisions and instructions of the hierarchical authorities.
- Check if the medium of instruction and other languages are used adequately.
- Accomplish all responsibilities given by the school authorities.
- Check the use of the children’s class diaries.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications addressed to the National Director, Youth For Christ/Rwanda at the school head office at Kibagabaga not later than Friday, the 09th,February 2018 at 5: 00 PM including:
- Application letter;
- Curriculum Vitae bearing at least three referees;
- Recommendation letter from the church;
- Copies of Degree and academic transcripts;
- Photocopy of National Identity card/Passport.
Done at Kigali on31/01/2018 By
Kigali Christian School
Tel. +250 726 167 979
+250 728 860 313
+250 727 331 617