Piran Resources Limited (“Piran”) is a mining company focused on the production and exploration of tin, tantalum and tungsten. Piran, through its subsidiary Piran Rwanda Limited, (“Piran Rwanda) holds a 25-year mining licence for the Musha and Ntunga mines in the prolific tin region of Eastern Rwanda. Piran is part of the Pella Resources group of companies, an African-focused natural resource and energy group that has a strong track record in exploration and mine development across the continent.
Piran Rwanda Ltd is in the process of expanding theirmining operations they are looking to employ a competent and proactive staff for the following position:
Job Title: Community Liaison Officer
Reports to: Environment and Community Manager
Location: Musha and Ntunga MinesNtunga Mines (Rwamagana Eastern Province)
1. JOB PURPOSE
- The purpose of this position is to manage and monitor Piran Rwanda’s social plans, policies and procedures regarding community relations, land acquisition, compensation and resettlement, influx management and land use planning.
- This will include establishing processes and targets for incorporating management of community related issues into of the mainstream business of the company.
- It will be necessary to be familiar with the operations of the company and all affected communities, households and other key stakeholders.
- It will be required to establish and manage processes for ensuring land acquisition and asset compensation is carried out fairly and equitably
I. Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
- Should hold a Bachelor Degree in Sociology or Anthropology and/or a suitable related field e.g. Rural Development etc
- Experience in community relations, stakeholder engagement and resettlement or compensation in a mining, construction or agricultural environment would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, or more than 10 years if no degree is held.
- A clear ability to relate and communicate with all relevant stakeholders (e.g. project affected communities, local government officials, Piran Rwanda management).
- A committed team player with outstanding interpersonal skills, a clear vision in their field of expertise, capable of managing and working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Thoroughly understand the socio-economic conditions and values within the impacted communities.
- Good report writing skills.
- The ability to influence and listen at an all levels of community and stakeholders.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Good competency in both English and Kinyarwanda.
ii. Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of relevant Rwanda regulatory requirements and processes is important. Candidates without tertiary academic qualifications, but with extensive experience in this field, are encouraged to apply.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and Outlook for producing report and developing and maintaining databases
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work with a variety of people
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to listen and learn
- Candidates, who are resident in Rwamagana district, or willing to relocate there, will be preferred.
3. HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications and attach below documents via email to HR@Piran-resources.com
- Motivation letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer Piran Rwanda Ltd, explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 3 referee names.
- Degree/ Diploma
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Deadline of application is 10th February 2018.
Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.