Are you interested in joining an Organisation with a long term commitment to fighting poverty? Would you like to work in a challenging environment and develop an international career focused on demonstrating shared core values that achieve results?
SNV Rwanda is looking for an:
Based in Kigali, Rwanda
Gikuriro Project /National Contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV is dedicated to a society where all people enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
Gikuriro is five years integrated Nutrition and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Program funded by USAID. The program is implemented through a consortium of two international agencies, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) who is the prime and a sub-recipient, SNV the Netherlands Development Organization. The primary purpose of Gikuriro is to improve the nutritional status of women of reproductive age and children less than five years of age in support of the Government of Rwanda’s (GoR) efforts. Gikuriro implements the Ministry of Health (MoH) two community-based programs; the Community Based Food and Nutrition program (CBF&NP) and the Community Based Environmental Health Program (CBEHPP) contributing to eliminating malnutrition.
The present terms of reference aims to recruit a WASH monitoring and evaluation (M&E) advisor to support all monitoring, evaluation, reporting and research activities related to SNV assignment in the program.
Gikuriro area of operation
Kicukiro, Nyarugenge, Nyanza, Ruhango, Rwamagana, Kayonza, Ngoma and Nyabihu
Scope of Work
SNV seeks one talented and result oriented Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) advisor for Gikuriro project.
The WASH M&E advisor will support and mentor Gikuriro sub partners (Local NGOs) in the implementation of WASH interventions at community level and document best practices and lessons learned. The M&E advisor will ensure the monitoring and reporting system of Gikuriro sub partners while tracking impact made by the project in the community. Furthermore the WASH M&E advisor will have the responsibility for planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and research activities associated with WASH in the Program. This includes:
- Follow up the implementation of the M&E framework and plan through a concise set of indicators in coordination with the M&E advisor of CRS;
- Designing methodologies and tools for data collection;
- Coach and train the WASH team on implementing the M&E plan;
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports;
- Track outputs and outcomes level indicators;
- Contribute to mid-term and final evaluation of the program;
- Organise field visits for supervision of WASH activities;
- Regular review of reports from local implementing partners;
- Facilitate learning, innovation, documentation and evidence based knowledge development in collaboration with Gikuriro staff and partners;
The advisor needs to have the following qualifications and experiences:
- Academic qualification: Master’s degree in: sanitation and hygiene, statistics, development studies, environmental health sciences or related field;
- Minimum of seven years of work experience with data intensive programs in monitoring, and evaluation is highly desirable;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods;
- Experience with the Rwandan Community Based Environmental Health Program (CBEHPP) is an asset;
- Experience in working with local organizations;
- Demonstrated WASH experience and knowledge to provide support and guidance to project staff on design, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and a strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines;
- Experience in coaching and mentoring local organizations and district staff;
- Attention to details, preciseness in the execution of tasks, solution-oriented working approach and negotiation.
- Wide knowledge of participatory and didactic methodologies and techniques;
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing, interpreting, and reporting on M&E results so that lessons can be learnt and incorporated into programming;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID and GoR monitoring and evaluation processes and systems;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing is required;
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda language is desirable.
Reporting level: Gikuriro WASH Project leader
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
How to apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to directly summit your motivation letter and CV (both in English) to the Country Director of SNV Rwanda by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 2nd March, 2018
Please send your application letter and CV that contains three referees as you apply with position title as subject.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement