The Job holder will report directly to the CEO
Place of Work: Kigali
Type of Contract: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Job Title: Financial Controller
Duties are included but not limited to:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge, skills and attitudes in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualifications (full or part) such as CPA, ACCA, etc would be an advantage.
- At least 2 to 4 years of experience. Knowledge of one or more accounting software packages would be an advantage.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Excel for Windows
- Tracking Budget Expenses (Balance Sheet & P&L knowledge)
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information and methods of checking what has been submitted is correct
- Analytical and problem solving skills; decision making skills
- Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills in English and Kinyarwanda
- Financial Modelling (Excel, Audit & Accounting)
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills; professional appearance and manner
- Enthusiasm for developing and implementing systems in a growing organization at start-up phase
How to apply:
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV and Copy of transcripts. Interested applicants are requested to read and complete very carefully the following application form.
Deadline for submission of application is Wednesday 28th Feb 2018.