Contract Fee: from £26,400 net of taxes depending on experience and local market conditions
The IGC is seeking to hire [up to two] Country Economists for its office in Rwanda.
The International Growth Centre (IGC) promotes sustainable growth through demand-led policy advice based on frontier research. Our core thematic areas in Rwanda are: 1. Public Finance and Taxation; 2. Firm Productivity and Exports; 3. Urbanization; and 4. Agriculture, Mining, and Energy. Country Economists are the in-country representatives of the IGC, reporting to the Country Director. They form a bridge between senior policymakers and researchers, engage in research, and lead project management. This requires a highlypro-active and organised approach, utilisation of advanced economic research skills and policy knowledge, and a passion and skill for impacting policy.
Selected Essential Requirements
- Masters degree in economics, development economics, public policy/administration, or a related discipline.
- Ability to independently conduct complex data cleaning and economic analysis using STATA.
- Advanced understanding of economic research methodologies, macroeconomics, and development economics.
- Technical expertise in at least one the following thematic areas: 1. Public Finance and Taxation; 2. Firm Productivity and Exports; 3. Urbanization.
- Excellent communication skills, including in written English and for developing strong professional relationships.
- Ability to work independently with excellent planning skills.
How to Apply
Interested Rwandan candidates should carefully review the full Person Specification and Terms of Reference. Rwandan candidates who meet the Person Specification requirements visit our online application portal, where you will be invited to upload your CV, covering letter, a STATA do file (word format), writing sample, and then to complete an online test. Applications that do not provide these five elements cannot be considered. Please be ready to complete your online test immediately after submitting your CV online. You can access the online application portal here: https://form.myjotform.com/73513414180549
The closing date for receipt of applications is: 23:59 hours (GMT) on 18 February 2018.
Please note this is a fixed term contract ending 30 November 2018, with extension possible subject to funding and performance review.
Thank you for your interest in the IGC. We look forward to receiving your application.
LSE values diversity and strives to promote equality at all levels, including its employees, students, customers and associates