The University of Sussex is inviting applications for Sussex Graduate Scholarship Program for full-time taught masters degree courses. The scholarships are available to all University of Sussex undergraduates (UK, EU and non-EU) who graduate in 2018 and progress immediately onto an eligible full-time masters course in 2018.
The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution near Brighton, in the south of England. Sussex
was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s, receiving its Royal Charter in 1961.
The University is delighted to offer an unlimited number of scholarships to encourage high achieving Sussex undergraduates to stay with us to study for a Masters degree.
There are three different levels of English required for postgraduate study at Sussex, depending on your chosen course. In terms of IELTS, the standard requirement is IELTS 6.5 overall, with at least 6.0 in each section.
- Application deadline: September 24, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time master’s studies.
scholarship relates to all full-time taught Masters degree courses at the
University of Sussex (e.g. MA, MSc, LLM).
List of Subjects: All courses offered at master’s level excluding -Postgraduate diplomas (including Common Professional Examination (CPE), Law and Economics)
-Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a bursary)
-Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees
-PGCE courses and schools direct teaching courses
-MSc Automotive Engineering
-MA degrees in IDS apart from MA Gender and Development and MSc in Climate Change and Development
-Masters degrees at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School;
-In addition, masters students funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible).
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship of either £5,000 or £3,500 will be awarded as a tuition fee reduction when applicants register.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: UK, EU and international students
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:Eligible Countries: The scholarships are available to UK, EU and international students.
- All University of Sussex undergraduates (UK, EU and non-EU) who graduate in 2018 and progress immediately onto an eligible full-time Masters course in 2018 are eligible;
- You must apply for a Masters course and receive and accept an offer of a place;
- To be eligible for a £5,000 scholarship you must graduate with a first-class honours degree;
- To be eligible for a £3,500 scholarship you must graduate with an upper second-class honours degree;
- You must meet all the University’s general entrance requirements.
Application Procedure:Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- Personal statement
- Transcripts (either student’s final transcript if available or a transcript of their grades so far)
- Degree certificate(s) (if available)
- At least one academic reference (or provide contact details for their referees and they will email them). If student previously studied or are currently studying in the UK, they must supply a reference from their most recent UK university
- Resume/CV (recommended)
How to Apply:You must apply for admission to an eligible Masters course via the University’s PG Apply online application system. If you are made an offer of a place, there will be an online scholarship declaration on PG Apply as part of the acceptance process. This online declaration will appear from January 2018 and you must submit this declaration before you register on your chosen Masters, in order to receive the scholarship.