“Not to be served but to serve”
Vacancy for Dynamic Christian Principal for Wellspring Academy
THE VISION of Wellspring Academy is to produce a new generation of servant leaders to bless Rwanda and display the best of Rwanda to the world.
THE MISSION of Wellspring Academy is to educate and equip students to become highly skilled, Godly leaders, and agents of community transformation.
Required Professional Qualities
- Hold a Master’s degree from an accredited higher learning institution. Having served as Principal or equivalent position for at least 3 consecutive years
- Three years experience as a classroom teacher with additional experience in instructional leadership roles
- Being knowledgeable with International Schools requirements (CIE, IB, AP.)
- Demonstrate a reasonable level of computer literacy.
1. A committed, born-again Christian who demonstrates his/her faith in action
2. A person who embodies and believes in the principles of the vision and mission statement
Personality and skills:
1. At least 35 years old, exemplary in character
2. Organized and have the capacity to make decisions
3. An inspirational leader who can value and motivate both staff and students
4. Totally fluent in English, Kinyarwanda (written and speaking) and French is also desired
Job Summary: The principal will be responsible for:
1. Creating and implementing a school development plan to fulfill the vision, mission, and objectives of Wellspring Academy.
2. Facilitate a conducive and effective learning environment and work with other staff to develop and maintain high academic standards for children in line with vision and mission of the school.
3. Effective planning and management of school administration, resources, staff, children, and other stakeholders.
4. Monitoring the delivery of teaching in line with objectives, including strategies for staff development.
5. Work as a team with other staff members to create an excellent working atmosphere.
6. Reporting to the board at each meeting on school progress and pertinent issues.
To apply, send the following documents to:
The Chairman of the board C/O Wellspring Academy:
- Cover letter stating reasons for applying to this job and statement of faith.
- Full CV with qualification copies
- At least three professional and character references
Closing date for application: March 9, 2018
Provision date for interview: March 26, 2018
Commencement date: June 4th 2018
For more details about the post and the Academy, visit http://www.wellspringacademy.org/Principaljob.html or contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com