based in Kigali, Rwanda
WfWI – Rwanda seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of Grant Coordinator. The Grant Coordinator will have overall responsibility for managing project NGO partners and sub-awards. S/he will work with the Project Manager to evaluate grant submissions and ensure all grants are executed according to WfWI and international donor regulations
Duties and Responsibilities
Analyze and evaluate grant submissions by the Advocacy and Accountability Grantees for technical and budget soundness and compliance with international donor regulations., recommending award actions to the contract team;
- Coordinate the issuance of awards and maintain contract documentation through the development and upkeep of a grants database;
- Provide direct technical support to the program’s primary local NGO partners and grantees;
- Coordinate closely with colleagues in HQ (Project Director, Program Director and grants team) to ensure grants fit within the overall program goals and objectives;
- Submit donor reports, narrative and financial, on a timely basis according to WfWI and international donor regulations
- Maintain strong working relationships with NGO partners; and
- Prepare scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the small grants program.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in relevant field such as social empowerment and grassroots development;
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing sub-awards and small grants programs;
- Demonstrated field-based experience with grants management and business development;
- Experience and understanding of grassroots advocacy and gender-based violence;
- Proven experience working with and mentoring nascent local organizations;
- USG and international donor regulations experience;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Excellent numeracy skills;
- Expertise in using Excel and other IT programs essential for grants management;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references. Interested applicants are requested to read and complete very carefully the following application form. Deadline for submission of application is February 23, 2018.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.