World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 17 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Supply Chain Manager. The position will be based in Kigali at the Head Office and reporting to the Finance and Support Services Director.
Purpose of the position:
Lead National Supply Chain Management teamin World Vision Rwanda. Manage work efforts across planning, strategic sourcing, categories management, including internal customer alignment and satisfaction, supplier relationship management, contract management, risk management, program management and human resource management.
Manage establishment, tracking and reporting of benefits and key internal and supplier performance metrics
In order to succeed, the Supply Chain Manager must be able to effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others – must be a role model, practice servant leadership and be an ambassador for WV ministry in areas where WVR has operations
The major responsibilities include:
Human Resource Management
- Lead setting of performance objectives for Supply Chain Management staff
- Provide regular feedback on performance and identifying training needs
Supply Chain Management Performance
- Lead and coordinate the Supply Chain Department and be responsible for an optimal interface between the supply chain and business units as it relates to the procurement function
- Lead monthly Regional and department reviews to address
- Open procurement issues/performance against procurement plans.
- Development of plans to support new, additional, and changing requirements (Grants/new programs)
- Managing continuous improvement in Supply Chain Management through monitoring of Supply Chain Management Progress Reports and Supply Chain Management monthly reports
- Manage suppliers performance against contract and framework agreements
- Manage and facilitate the VAT exemption process
Tracking and Reporting
- Define and manage integrated cross functional Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and lead the development of action plans to address areas of poor performance
- Track and analyze Supply Chain performance against established target levels (KPIs)
- Report Performance monthly to the Senior Leadership Team, Regional Managers, and Department Managers.
- Lead development of Consolidated Procurement Plans for World Vision Rwanda across grants, all functional departments and the Clusters.
- Partner with finance, integrated ministries, and other related functions in the approval of an annual sourcing strategy based on the overall procurement needs of the organization
- Manage development of implementation plan for Supply Chain Management activities
- Communicate plan to relevant stakeholders
- Lead all required changes to plan as budgets are amended during the year
- Communicate strategic/central buying categories
- Lead quarterly and annual cross functional procurement plan reviews.
- Lead development of category strategies and approaches
- Manage implementation of consistent and effective strategic sourcing process
- Communicate sourcing approaches to relevant stakeholders
- Build and maintain successful working relationships with suppliers.
- Manage day to day relationships with suppliers
- Plan strategies for and lead negotiations with suppliers
- Manage contract development with legal for key suppliers
- Identify areas for process improvements in strategic sourcing
- Implement effective Supply Chain Management process for non-critical items.
- Implement identified process improvements.
- Communicate processes to key stakeholders
- Provide leadership on Supply Chain Management policies and procedures.
- Manage World Vision Rwanda procurement manual, ensuring compliance and facilitating revisions and updates
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- University degree in Business administration, Social Science, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or a similar degree
- Professional qualification preferably MCIPS is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on wvrwanda email@example.com(no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 4th March 2018; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks