Youth For Christ /Rwanda
B.P 2491 Kigali – Rwanda
E-mail : email@example.com
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: TERMS OF REFERENCEFOR EXTERNAL AUDIT OF YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE EXTERNAL AUDIT
Youth For Christ/Rwanda is a religious-based organizations, part of Youth For Christ International missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to a mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, social involvement and leadership development; it is indeed a Christian youth movement that reaches young people everywhere, working together with the local church and other like-minded partners to raise-up lifelong followers of Jesus who lead by their godliness in lifestyle, devotion to the word of God and prayer, passion for sharing the love of Christ and commitment to social involvement.
Youth For Christ/Rwanda is a regally registered organization operating on Rwanda territory with its head offices established at Kibagabaga in Kimironko Sector, Gasabo District, City of Kigali.
Youth For Christ/Rwanda is calling for proposals of competent and motivated audit firms to conduct external audit of Youth For Christ/Rwanda for the financial year 2017.
II. OBJECTIVES AND SCOPE OF THE AUDIT
The objective of the audit is for the auditors to conduct audit reviews as follows:
- The auditors shall express an independent professional opinion as to whether the financial statements present fairly, in all material respects, the financial position of YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA in accordance with the Financial Reporting Standards for NGOs and Non Profit making Organizations. The audit shall be carried out in accordance with the Standards on Auditing.
- Management letter-The Auditors should submit a management letter after the completion of the audit.
- The audit reports shall:
- Contain details of the method and scope of audit and assurance that the audit was performed in accordance with Standards of Auditing and by a qualified auditor licensed by ICPAR.
- Signed by the auditor responsible stating the title.
- Written in English
- Issued in soft copy for circulation to Managers and Decision makers and 8 hard copies will be produced and delivered to YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA for files.
III. RESPONSIBILITY FOR PREPARATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
The responsibility for preparation of the annual financial statements lies with the YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA management.
- The management prepares the annual financial statements in accordance with FRS for NGOs and Non Profit Making Organizations.
- Management is responsible for implementation of accounting, administrative and financial procedures documented in the YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA manuals.
- YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA financial year concerned by the external audit runs from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2017.
IV. SELECTION CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS FOR AUDIT FIRMS
YOUTH FOR CHRIST/RWANDA will do the adjudication after the proposal submission deadline. The selection criteria will include the following:
1. Eligibility - authorization by the State Board of Accountants (ICPAR) to conduct audits;
2. Experience of your firm in relation to the scope of audits for NGO’s and non-Profit Making Organizations;
3. A list of similar non-profit organizations or NGOs served by your firm;
4. Your staff assignments and availability to complete the audit on a timely basis;
- Participation of senior audit personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Depth of Technical Resources (CV of the assigned team leader).
5. Proposed fee for the engagement;
6. Detailed audit plan/methodology including your approach to risk and fraud detection;
7. Time Requirements (time frame within which the Financial Audit will be conducted).
Only shortlisted audit firms will be contacted.
Deadline for submission 23 February 2018
Done at Kigali on 16th February 2018
By RUGWIZANGOGA Diogène
Youth for Christ/Rwanda
Contact Tel: +250 728 099 504 / +250 725 383 083