Junior Accountant Job Duties:
- Posting day to day accounting entries into the QuickBooks accounting package.
- Keeping and recording of Company Petty cash
- Maintaining Payroll and tax thereof and making declaration thereof in due time.
- Maintains and prepare excel farm reports including financial records for the farm.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
- Corrects errors by posting adjusting journal entries.
- Maintains general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts receivable and accounts payable ledgers, preparing fixed asset depreciation and accruals.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups and keeping information confidential.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with GAAPs, IFRS and local financial legal requirements
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- CPA Intermediate level
- CAT Finalist with 2 years’ experience will be considered
- Conversant with QuickBooks accounting software
- At least 1 year experience in Accounting
- Computer knowledge
- Good written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their CV and cover letter on firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 20th February 2018.